_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
SCUD
blackfly
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 01:51 PM UTC
Hey all,

I am putting the final touches on a DML 1/35, MAZ 543, SCUD... otherwise known as "the spawn of Satan" kit. Even though it has been a love hate relationship with this kit.... I don't think just setting it in a display case would do it justice..... So, I am looking for any online referance material on the topic at hand as to comp a dio. Any links to pictures of the MAZ 543 TEL deployed in the field would be greatly appreciated.
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 574 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 04:04 PM UTC
Park it under an overpass like they did in Iraq.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 04:17 PM UTC
A nice forced prespective dio comes to mind with any US aircraft in 1/48th or 1/72nd sacle parking munitions on the thing. like an A-10 firing a nice maverick down the spout, hehehehe, you could use the missile do support the aircraft too, try that
stug
Stabone
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 04:20 PM UTC
Put it on a desert base and all the access panels open and Iraqi kit strewn about the place as if it's been abandoned. Then have 4 or 5 SAS desert troops smashing in the contorl panels with hammers and pick axes. It's what the SAS troops did when they wanted to save explosives or Milan AT rounds.

"There are 3 things you need in life; a good bartender, a good barber and a good section commander."
 _GOTOTOP