_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Gen2 Figures & PE
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 641 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 08:17 PM UTC
Morning all,
This may sound like a really dumb question :-) but I have a couple sets of the Gen 2 figs from DML....whenever I get around to using them, I figure in the next couple years LOL Just wondering how I would use the badges and all the neat stuff that's on that PE fret. Do I need to scrape off the molded on plastic? Ie cutting off the plastic belt buckle to make room for the pe one? Or does it just go overtop of the existing one? Same with all the rest, shoulder badges, etc....thanks all!!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 09:16 PM UTC
You need to remove or at least thin down the plastic if you are going to use the PE.

Shaun
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 09:26 PM UTC
Kelly...........what plastic buckles? There aren't any? The 2nd Generation kits have these as PE only. You probably mean the 'Premium' range.... these are not 2nd Generation sets, and yes you will have to remove the original plastic parts first.

Vinnie
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 641 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 10:42 PM UTC
:-) See this is what I get for not really looking at the figs more closely when I got them LOL Just looked at some of the older reviews and it looks like there isn't any buckles! Thanks Vinnie!
Foxy
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 220 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 11:33 PM UTC
at least DML's "1st Fallschirmjager Division" comes with plastic belt buckles, but there is no need to use them.
i just used the parts at the same position as the plastic parts without any issues at all.
concerning national insignia or medals i would remove them on the plastic parts.
 _GOTOTOP