_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
leave no stone unturned
flakdog
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:52 PM UTC
Hello gentleman, just a quick question about how to maybe post an M60 A1 blazer in a realistic setting in a middle eastern dio or vignette ,any suggestions are most gratefully accepted, happy modelling, flakdog.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 11:07 PM UTC
hey ben, i'd suggest a tank running rampant through the desert and cresting dunes, or even smashing some nice little t-62s...but it's just a thought stug
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 01:06 AM UTC
Since this is an Israeli tank, how about a street with rubble, a burned out pick-up and a couple Palestinians hurling rocks at the tank. (Yea, like that's a good idea! #:-) and their next hobby would be pushing up )
keiler
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 08:04 AM UTC
I just got on this site but noticed your post. I recently built an M60A1 Blazer from the Academy kit and had a hard time finding reference photos of the tank in action in Lebanon in 1982 as opposed to later, either there or in the territiories. But for a Lebanon diorama place it on a narrow lane or semi-urban setting, or atop a hill. Also, if you haven't already thought of it, be careful that if you do the '82 campaign use cal 30 mgs, no thermal sleeve on the main gun, an air identification panel, and paint it with Israel armor sand or something similar, not Israel gray as used on '82 Merkavas. The M60s an Merkava's don't have the same paint scheme in photos of this era.
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 652 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 08:30 AM UTC
How about the tank going THROUGH a house, or what's left of it. Never seen that before, would test your skill and make for a very novel model.
Think about it!
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 08:35 AM UTC
I lige Stug's suggestion of cresting a berm, how about putting a mine plow on it?

Rob
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 10:54 AM UTC
I'll be honest I like the through the building one. You can add the ram adapter with gun turned to rear. . as to 82 reference try any of the concoed books by Samuel katz. there were at least three . Israels armour might, battle field Lebanon and tools of the trade. born in abattle series also had some pics and last try archivalnews paper references from sources like the NY times. anything around June 6 1982 should yield some results. there was also a tv series called century of war (or somthing like that on PBS you might be able to get the tape on the 1982 operation peace fo Galilee.last you could chelk my site for books from that era and links to most sites with IDF content.

www.homestead.com/shiryon/index.html
Josh Weingarten
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 04:51 PM UTC
I dunno if this site has some info on the 82 War, but it's a nice source of info on the IDF: http://www.waronline.org/en/
 _GOTOTOP