_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
FUMS Hawker Hurricane MK II B Progress
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 02:39 AM UTC
Hi All.
This will be my entry for FUMS.
Its the Revell MKIIB. A hard kit to get hold of in the UK but I managed to find one on Ebay after a long search.It was sold minus decals which suits me fine,as Emeritus had a set of Finnish decals in his spares kit and very kindly sent them me.Thanks Eetu
On first inspection it looks like its going to be a very enjoyable build.The moulding is crisp and clean and detail looks very good for 1/72.
The 2 outer machine guns look a bit high,but after Googling extensively it seems that they were higher than the standard 4 and slightly offset. I'll address this later and fill and redrill if neccesary.
I hope to make a proper start on this tomorrow,along with the other campaign builds I have to get stuck into.
Looks like its going to be a busy summer :-)

Nige
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 01:34 AM UTC
Goog luck with your build. I had lots with mine (the first one, which is almost done. Pics coming soon)
The kit is really nice and build with minimal effort. No serious gaps (you may want to use some filler to properly blend in the bottom part of the rear fuselage) or other issues. The only minor thing I had to do was to file the underwing air-intake a little as the two parts weren't exactly the same shape. Removing the locator tab on the bottom of the intake also made it easier to position.

One more thing to remember. When working with the clear parts, don't cut off the little node on the front canopy, it's the rear-view mirror. (don't ask how I know! :-))
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 02:50 AM UTC
Hi Eetu.

Quoted Text

One more thing to remember. When working with the clear parts, don't cut off the little node on the front canopy, it's the rear-view mirror. (don't ask how I know! )

I bet I could guess if I thought about it for a while :-)
Im all packed ready for my holiday now and as I have to leave the house at 3am for the airport I think Im going to burn the midnight oil and make a start on the cockpit.
Hope I dont get carried away and miss the flight or I will be in the sticky stuff
I will post some photos when I get back from Turkey.
Until then its
Nige
 _GOTOTOP