_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon AMoM pzcreations#2
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,106 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 07:49 AM UTC
I thought I would post this here before actually submitting. I remember a post discussion as to the number of entries per member stating there was no limit? If I am wrong I'll remove this, but anyway. Just finished up the 251/9 with US markings. From what Ive found out this particular vehicle,shown in Sturm & Drang #3 ,was captured by the 101st Airborne during the Battle of the Bulge, which was given the stars and used for some time. Though I would imagine they mainly used it as an armored transport ,probably already out of or running out of ammo for the 7.5 gun.
Anyway, about the model. I used Dragons 3n1 kit OOB. Painted with acrylics and weathered with oils and MiG pigments.
My monitor is crapping out on me, please, if these photos look very dark please let me know. They look fine on my cameras LCD, but extremely dark on my PC monitor.

Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 07:56 AM UTC
Another excellent model Tim, congratulations. I particularly like the faded effect of the camo, and the interior wear and tear. But those two 75mm rounds are mighty shiny, should the business end of those not be painted?

Cheers
Henk
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,106 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 08:04 AM UTC
thanks Henk! I guess the photos werent too dark if you could see the interior. Im not sure about the shells. I looked all over for reference on these. Are they black? The tips?
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 945 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 08:29 AM UTC
Tim,

The photos and the model are fine. Indeed!

WC
 _GOTOTOP