_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
New Italeri Hummer "Avenger"
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 255 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2002 - 10:41 PM UTC
Could it be that the new Italeri Hummer "Avenger" (anti-aircraft, with the Stinger launchers) is the old Esci kit??? Or is this a new one? I heard the Esci kit was awful (it was on sale a couple of months ago at my hobbyshop and didn't pick it up because of that).
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 01:39 AM UTC
I'm as curious as David too. I pre-ordered one through VLS Corp so long ago that I doubt I'll get it whenever it does hit the shelves. I had the ESCI kit, and I've seen worse - and a lot better. I'm hoping that it isn't a rehash of that kit too.

Gunnie
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 255 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 02:21 AM UTC
That sounds like good news Marcel. There are plenty of articles on how to correct the Italeri Humvee and since this kit has not hit the shelves yet, I have some time to do research :-)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2002 - 10:29 PM UTC
I saw the Italeri Avenger in the "flesh" and I noticed that the hood grill has changed from the standard armored type (even for their soft tops) to the fiberglass one. I also think that Italeri could make a killing if they sold the Avenger sprue separately, it would help move the other body styles that have died on the shelves for the past few years.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2002 - 10:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm as curious as David too. I pre-ordered one through VLS Corp so long ago that I doubt I'll get it whenever it does hit the shelves. I had the ESCI kit, and I've seen worse - and a lot better. I'm hoping that it isn't a rehash of that kit too.

Gunnie

Howdy Gunnie,

Gunnie, if you want the Avenger kit I can get it for you right away. We have it here in Colorado at my local hobby shop (Colpar). Just let me know!

Tread.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2002 - 10:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I saw the Italeri Avenger in the "flesh" and I noticed that the hood grill has changed from the standard armored type (even for their soft tops) to the fiberglass one. I also think that Italeri could make a killing if they sold the Avenger sprue separately, it would help move the other body styles that have died on the shelves for the past few years.

That is an excellent idea Rob! Maybe you should give Italeri a call? And Rob, while you're at it, would you please tell them to change their styrene!?!

Thx,
Tread. :-)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 04:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That is an excellent idea Rob! Maybe you should give Italeri a call? And Rob, while you're at it, would you please tell them to change their styrene!?!

Heck, I'm glad they finally took a hint from Tamiya and changed the color from that dark green to tan.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 10:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Heck, I'm glad they finally took a hint from Tamiya and changed the color from that dark green to tan.

Well, if they'll take one hint from Tamiya.....maybe they'll take another?
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 08:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Well, if they'll take one hint from Tamiya.....maybe they'll take another?

#:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)
Maybe #:-)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 08:47 PM UTC
I have the kit not bad really. But I guess if you are going to count bolts and nuts their might be a problem.
 _GOTOTOP