_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
WIP and need a little or a lot advise.(pics)
HAL0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 98 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 11:15 PM UTC
Well its been taking me extremly long to get anything done with about 4 projects going on its pretty much at a dead stop. This one been sitting on my bench for about 4-5 months maybe 6. Yes Im slow and spend more time checking out all of your guys n' gals fantastic models then building/working on my own.

This is Emhar's Tadpole Kit 1/35 and the 2nd model ive built recently use to build more when i was in middle school. I airbrushed it with Testers using an aztek. Now I begun working on the tracks with a base paint of black. I got a few refernce shots and Im guessing the tracks in real life were metal but kinda stoped painting as not sure as to what color they should be or which colors I should use.
Any advice from you WWI fanatics would be great. Also would love to hear your comments on the model in general so my next one can hopefully be one notch better.
Thanks, AJ

MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Armorama: 825 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 11:24 PM UTC
Hi Aj , great looking tadpole you have there

I Have just recently finished the very same kit , when i painted the tracks I went for a base coat of gun metal mixed with a little black , I then did a wash of a red brown then I rubbed some graphite powder over the of the tracks and finally finshished with a very light dry brushing of silver/gunmetal mix

Here are some pics which may be of some help

Ian
HAL0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 98 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 03:41 AM UTC
THanks alot Ian!!! Also I love your build of the tadpole hope I can one day get results like that.

AJ
MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Armorama: 825 posts
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 04:30 AM UTC
Your welcome Aj

Quoted Text

hope I can one day get results like that.

It looks to me like you are well on your way , thats a nice clean build you got their considering the kit isnt the best quality to start with

Ian
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 05:24 AM UTC
Hi Aj,

As Ian says a nice clean build you seem to have there and just needs the finishing touches. press on mate, nothing wrong with that, that I can see.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP