_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Accurate armour FV432
harrier1
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 484 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 11:21 PM UTC
I am just about to start building my accurate armour FV432 mortar carrier and would like to know if you guys have any helpful tips about problems with the model or working out some of the confusing instruction pictures. Also any pictures of the real thing or the model would be very useful. Cheers. Nick :-)
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 11:27 PM UTC
Can't help you on the build, but here are some pics from Primeportal . BTW Murdo is scratching one, so he might help you on the details.

Erik
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:13 AM UTC

Give me a bell if you encounter probs ---have built 6 --AA FV 432's ---had no probs - (not the mortar carrier)--I know that the instructions can be vague but it just needs reading and" cross-pic" looking to find all the bits
Goes together well ---just make sure all surfaces are clean -light rub with an emery block or fine file --test fit for good mating is essential ---go sparing on the glue--use a pin to tack-fix before committing
Enjoy
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2006 - 12:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am just about to start building my accurate armour FV432 mortar carrier and would like to know if you guys have any helpful tips about problems with the model or working out some of the confusing instruction pictures. Also any pictures of the real thing or the model would be very useful. Cheers. Nick :-)

Nick, I'd be glad to help. I have about 500 Mb of assorted pics and stuff, of models and real beasties. Give me a call, I'm sure we can sort out a way to get them to you... I could post a CD or whatever.
 _GOTOTOP