_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Weathering
wanagun
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 471 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 05:51 AM UTC
Still trying to get back into the "tech" aspects of the modeling thing. When I left it we used washes and chulk to weather. I belive now it is done with preshaping and pigments. Are there any how 2 here or in book form on these? I think I understand prewashing but I have no clue on pigments. Are chulks used any more?
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 06:06 AM UTC
Lots of "how to" here. Mig Jiminez' book have also the latest methodes.

Erik
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
Armorama: 969 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 01:07 PM UTC
Hi,

These articles on Missing Lynx are excellent and Mig has written articles that explain his methods in a manner that is helpful to modellers at all levels of experience.

Also his book that was mentioned in an earlier post is superb and well worth the money.

http://www.missing-lynx.com/rareworld.htm

John
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 01:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think I understand prewashing but I have no clue on pigments. Are chulks used any more?

Gday Sxott
Have a good look at the aforemetioned articles and do a search on the words preshading, washes, pinwashes, filters, drybrushing, pigments etc. There are a lot of new techniques as mentioned, but there is nothing wrong with chalks, although pigments are essentially the chalk in its rawest form, and therefore 'concentrated' in a sense... The other stuff is NOT for everyone, and seeing some end results they are a little heavy handed in some of these methods... Whatever turns your topsoil!
Cheers
Brad
 _GOTOTOP