_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
AS90 Decal Placement
Jeffamentrul
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:19 AM UTC
Hi all,

I am just starting Hobbycrafts OIF AS90 (1/35th) and after just having a quick skim through the "how to" book I have noticed there are no decal placement instructions included !!. If you look at the decal sheet all it says is back, right, front and bonus for the various markings. It is a re-boxed trumpeter kit that much I do know, so why have the placements been left out I wonder ??. Can anyone suggest a site that has any reference pics for gulf war AS 90's ??

Thanks in advance

Kev
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:38 AM UTC
Hey Kevin,
I to am working on a AS-90 as we speak. The kit I’m doing is the Trumpeter one, and the decal guide is also vague. I looked around for decal placement also and came up nada. If you’d like, I can get you photos of the decal placement from my sheet. PM me if needed.

Also here is a short article that Peter (Stormbringer) Dennis did using the Trumpeter kit, 155mm AS-90

BTW: take a look on the bottom of the box, I’ve noticed that at times Hobbycraft has placed their decal placement there.

Joe
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Armorama: 1,050 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 09:51 PM UTC
Hi Kevin,

I have a good wad of AS90 pics if you're interested.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:58 PM UTC
Hey Murdo I'd be very interested in seeing some photos, I sure could use some with loads of gear and or even on the roll.

Thanks,
Joe
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:25 PM UTC
I've got the Trumpeter 1/72 scale AS-90. It has a small decal set and fairly clear marking guides.
Jeffamentrul
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 12:13 AM UTC
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, sorry for the delay in posting an answer, we had a bit of a major thunder storm here yesterday and everything broadband went a bit pete tong!!. Still we are back up and working now..........

I have found the decal placement guide as suggested on the bottom of the box of all places.........what a cracking place to put them. I am having some trouble with this kit , firstly the polly caps for the road wheels were missing so I have had to use cyo glue to stick each wheel to the suspension arm as central as I possibly could which In turn, I think as it's slightly out has warped the hull/chassis as the turret/gun assembly has a 1-2 degree lean to the right now and doesnt sit straight on the hull. It isn't noticable unless you look for it but I know it's there and it annoys me. I guess it was cheap so I can't expect the best but leaving the polly caps out is a bit of a no no.

Found some reference pics as well so Im happy

Thanks for all the help guys

Kev

Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 01:43 AM UTC
Like I said Kevin, I can send you plenty of pics.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 01:43 AM UTC
Like I said Kevin, I can send you plenty of pics.
 _GOTOTOP