_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tsahal Heavy Armour-Armada Concept
Hawkeye
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 701 posts
Armorama: 640 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:46 PM UTC
Hey guys,

my copy of the above book arrived the other day and i can whole heartedly recommend this book/magazine to anyone who has an interest in modern Tsahal armour.

The build articlkes are well illustrated, with good captions. the accompanying text is a little on the sparse side, but is adequate for the task. All of the builds featured are conversions mainly using the Legend sets and some of them are definately not for the faint of heart, as anyone who has done the ball and chain builds on a Merkava will tell you.

As well as the build articles, you get shorter articles on how to make sandbags, apply the anti slip texture, how to make chips and tips on painting. There is a full kit list in the back, as well as a comprehensive list of After Market items.

http://www.historexagents.com/shop/hxproductdetail.php?ProductCode=MODSPECIAL1

Once again, if you have an interest in the Tshal then this book is a must, and to me, is a "steal" at £10.75 plus P&P. Other books of this sze and quality easily retail for a much higher price....miss it at your own peril

Regards from the Swamp

Hawkeye
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Armorama: 900 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:51 PM UTC
Where's a good online store? I want to get the book!

What other IDF related books can you recommend?

thanks
Nick
Hawkeye
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 701 posts
Armorama: 640 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:54 PM UTC
Hey Nick,

i got my copy from here

http://www.historexagents.com/

I have dealt with them a few times and they have always been very prompt and helpful.

As for other books on the Tsahal? I am afraid i only have history books that relate to the battles, and are not really for modellers, sorry:(

Regards from the Swamp

Hawkeye
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,114 posts
Armorama: 900 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 11:25 PM UTC
OK, thanks mate
 _GOTOTOP