_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Dragon Normandy Rangers
modelmaker9
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 10:11 PM UTC
Hello,
I am working on my first model and am doing the Dragon U.S Rangers normandy the "Premium Edition" I am having a bit of trouble with a few of the colors on the boots and the pants. Have any of you done these figures before, a picture would help. I might be able to post a picture to show you if it is good or not. Thanks.
Marineman25
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 75 posts
Armorama: 64 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 02:34 AM UTC
I can't tell you specific colors because I don't know much about Ranger gear and clothing. I would guess Leather for the boots and a dark brown for pants.

I can give you one of the best sites in relation to modeling the U.S. Army in WW2, if you go down to the painting guide you should find what your looking for.
US Army Models
modelmaker9
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 02:47 AM UTC
Thanks for the site, i noticed that the magazine pouches and shirt were tan and his pants were brown. In the picture it says to do it green. Maybe i should just do both, tan shirt green pants and green pouches? thanks
modelmaker9
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 03:36 AM UTC
Here are some pictures so far.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/7/20318223727.jpg&s=f10

I am not finished yet, as you can see but what do should I do about the colors. I am happy with the boots but not sure about the rest thanks.
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 07:40 AM UTC
If the trousers have thigh pockets then they'll be the herringbone type which are greenish in colour as opposed to brown. If you can get hold of it "The WW2 GI in colour photographs" ISBN1-872004-74-1 it is an invaluable reference as it's original uniforms photographed using modern film so you get a true colour rather than the weird stuff used in the 1940's.The M1941 jackets are a light tan colour but bear in mind some Rangers had served in Africa so their jackets may have been bleached by the sun so they may be lighter in colour if they held onto them. Hope thats of some use.
 _GOTOTOP