_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
AFV Club's Centurion kit, nice, but
AVRE165
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 181 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 02:12 AM UTC
hi

seeing i had alot to do with the Centurion and still am i will answer some of the questions.

the reason for the rubber tyres rims is this is the only way that they could produce the internal ribs withing the road wheel rims. i personaly have had no problem with painting them.

yes the rubber tracks are a nightmare but you can get them joined . useing heat.

referance 20pdr just wait and see. this is all i can say on this matter.
the mantel cover is being addressed at the moment. they have made some changes within the kits progression.

if you dont like the Australian version then yu should Blame me and not the designer.
what i asked for was a MK11 version complete with rear Fuel tank including both types of barrel.

but the designer did go and see 5 centurions in UK and measure them. he went to Holland and Australia to do the same.

i am doing a big article for a magerzine which i will build 5 centurions.
AA dozer Australian 169071, uk Mk5/1 uk MK6/2 , STRV 102,Danish 5/2v i will use all the after market parts on the market plus some scratch built bits.

but in the end this is the only correct Centurion on the market and is very detailed,
but if we did not moan then we would not be human.
but i think that AFV have done a good job so far on the centurion with alot more to come.
Ossie
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 04:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

yes the rubber tracks are a nightmare but you can get them joined . useing heat.

Hi Ossie,

For me the tracks are nicest rubber bands I've sen on a kit, and they join strongly and perfectly with a drop of CA glue. Good soft rubber

Cheers
Greg
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2007 - 07:58 AM UTC
Ossie,

All of your information supplied to AFV Club and to fellow modellers on the Centurion is very much appreciated.

Which publication are you writing the article for?

It would be very nice if AFV Club sorted out the minor issues with the kit. I look forward the their futher Cent versions.
 _GOTOTOP