_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Accurate Armour Chally 2
harrier1
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 484 posts
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2006 - 05:30 PM UTC
I was just looking through the accurate armour site and came across their challenger 2 op telic kit and was wondering whether it is worth the £95 instead of getting the much cheaper (and IMO pretty good) tamiya kit of the same tank. If yes why!? Just a thought i had! Nick
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2006 - 05:40 PM UTC
I'd go for the Tamiya kit anyway. I don't really like working with resin kits :-)

But I guess this is just what I prefer, not neccesarily (how do you spell this lol) what you should do.

Martin
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2006 - 05:58 PM UTC
Hi Nick,

Know the feeling. I love the Accurate Armour products but every time I think about buying one I have to balance the cost against what I might get if I buy plastic and spend more time trying to fix it.

I'm afraid that unless I can't get a half decent product in plastic or the kit doesn't exist in plastic only then will I fork out the money. If I had cash to burn I'd buy all their stuff because I think it's EXCELLENT, but cost plays a big part in what I buy.

In the end it's a matter of have I got the cash and how much do I want the kit, always a problem :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

95 quid, that's like 3 Shermans plus the upgrades you might want and how many more hours of building, fun and possibilities?????

I remember reading somewhere tha AM/resin products originally started to offer modellers a cost effective choice of kits to build. Despite the quality, that idea is long since gone and every time I buy AM/resin I think was that really worth it.

Here's a good example - I need AM tracks for some Bren Carriers I have, 4 in fact. The AM tracks coust about 18 quid, that's 4 pounds more than the kit. If I had just one to do I might just be pursuaded that it was hard earned money well spent, but with 4 to do that's like 72 pounds and I really cannot justify that especially as I have to work very hard to earn my shillings.

Up to you, I'd say if the cash is not an issue buy it because they make great kits, if you want value for your shilling then think again about what you could get.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Enjoy the build what ever way you decide to go.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP