_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Iteralie 1/9 WWII US Motor Bike
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 411 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 01:36 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Just got the Iteralie 1/9 WWII US Motor Bike. I am wondering if anyone out there has got this kit and built them? I wanna have some comments for the Big Bike.

Thanks!

Steve Pig #6
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 01:48 AM UTC
I have the German Zundapp (sp) counter part from Italerie. It is very nice, lots of detail and is going together nicely. I haven't run into any problems yet.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 01:51 AM UTC
Slodder

That Zundapp that you have is that the italeri or the esci version?

octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 02:13 AM UTC
Slodder,

Thanks for your infomation.
I remember that the German Zundapp was from ESCI. I checked the parts inside and the details are not bad.

Steve Pig#6
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 04:08 AM UTC
Ooops my bad - you guys are absolutely right. Good call.
I guess I'm working on the CRS desease really well right now.
The Zundapp I have is the Aurora/esci version.
Sorry guys.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 06:17 AM UTC
I want to warn you
I built exactly the same kit and almost everything fitted well. A small thing that wasn`t so good but good enough

Now coms the part that I want to warn you. You have to attach the cables to small plastic rods on the steering wheel And I don`t know where else ( there are a couple of places where you have to attach the cable.) Now these rods are very fragile and with my modelling they almost all broke off.
What I did was. Cut off all the rods from the steering wheel etc. And took a needle wich I heated and with a set of pliers I put them on the place where the old plastic rod was. After the needle was cooled I cut it off long enough to hold the cable.
And glued everything together

If you have already passed this stage You can forget this words and hopefully will be worth for a newcomer.
If you have not already passed this stage you`ll be warned

octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 12:41 AM UTC
Faust,

Thanks for your helpful tips about building the motor bike! I ahven't start to build the kit and I will notice it before any assembly.
Thanks again for your help.

Steve Pig #6
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 04:47 AM UTC
a T-35 you don't have time to build, and a motorcycle, you do!!!!! You sick sick man!!!!! #:-)
modelnut4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 09:37 AM UTC
Hi Steve,

I've built the ESCI way back when and it was killer, with a little bit of extra detailing and paintwork, it's hard to tell it from the real McCoy in a photo. Any plastiholic should definitely get one or more of these under thier belt. I recall a site that had the 45 manual loaded with photos of all the little mechanical adjustments that was to cool for detail. I'll see if I can locate it. I've also rebuilt a 1943 '45 flathead basket case. Too bad I was more into wrenchs and wenches and not photos or models at the time. I will see if I can locate that website for you. It should be somewhere on my computer at work.

Jay Pig #53
Swineus Perspiri
modelnut4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2003 - 05:55 AM UTC
Hi again Steve,
I put Harley Davisdson WLA 45 in the msn search engine and came up with about 790 hits. In Google search they had about 19,860. www.victorylibrary.com/book/.htm has about every book done on the 45 including the original manuals. On www.olive-drab are 3 photos, the bottom one being a full on resto of a 1942 WLA right down to the Tommygun sheath on the front fork. www.netside.net/~c3i/wla3.html has a gallery of new and old photos that ought to give your motorcycle imagination free reign to go nuts. I think that might set you on the right track. OINK brother.

Jay Las Vegas, NV
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2003 - 10:18 PM UTC
Modelnuts

Thanks for your helpful hints. I think I am gonna to give up the T35 and start to build the Motor Bike as soon as possible.

Sorry! Davidus I am the bad guy.

Steve Pig#6
 _GOTOTOP