_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
CHevrolet CWT 15 Truck
Wheezy
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 07:41 PM UTC
Hi guys,

I recently acquired the Italeri Chevrolet CWT 15 Truck. I would like this to be my next project. I have searched the web, and I can't find any AM for it. Would the Eduard set (not the zoom one, the other one) for the quad tractor provide parts that could be used? I'm especially interested in the interior. Basically, are there enough common parts to warrant the price tag?

Also, seeing there are no nice update sets I can pile on, does anybody know of any conversions that were done on this vehicle? I want a bit of scratchbuilding to add challenge to the project. I wnat to have something a bit different at the end of it.

TIA,

Daniel
Ironmike
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 287 posts
Armorama: 270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 08:15 PM UTC
Hi Daniel,
I have two of the vehicles in question with the enclosed rear area and another kit I got from a modeller from one of the forums with the open bed, which is rare and pretty neat looking. Haven't started on this one as yet.
Don't know of any after market stuff for these critters as they are getting kinda rare. I would just weather the heck outta the thing and add some stowage inside the cab area with the doors open. Perhaps a crewman or two goofing off nearby with some drums or such. Or a guy changing the tire or looking under the hood.
They are pretty basic kits but little gems IMHO.
Good luck
Mike
MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Armorama: 825 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 08:35 PM UTC
HI Daniel

The main update in the Eduard set for the interior is the floor panels , however it does come in 3 parts , two for the front and on part for the rear of the cab so maybe the front parts could be used ( someone who has built this may be able to give better advice), the remainder of the update for the interior is assorted brackets etc.
I was in a similiar position myself with Tamiya's Quad Gun tractor and was going to get the Eduard set , however once i saw the contents of the set and the price :-) :-), I decided to scratch build these parts from spare bits of PE and plastic card and as Mike pointed out you can make the interior more intersting by adding some stowage inside , kit bags , personal items etc

Ian

Edit.... ive just checked the Eduard site and the set for the Chevy Quad is at a discount price of $12.95

http://www.eduard.com/products/card.php?id_product=2191&name=gun+tractor&catalogue_nb=&type=&pgroup=&scale=&product_month=&product_year=&page_start=0
Wheezy
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 05:07 PM UTC
Thanks to everyone for the helpful info. I will definitely go with the Eduard set. Its currently on sale for 12.95 I looked at the plus model conversions, and I decided that with those price tags, (my wallet is quite empty at the moment) I will go for a scratch conversion to the HUW. There seems to be enough reference out there. I think I will do the 1944 version with recessed wheel mount on right side.

Daniel
 _GOTOTOP