_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Campaign: Churchill
Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 01:25 AM UTC
Hi there

I submitted this vehicle to the ongoing MEOW campaign, only to find out it didn't qualify for it . I was in luck because the Commonwealth Campaign began short after and I submitted that. So here is my first piece of work to what will be a dio depicting Commonwealth forces gathering outside Caen to join the fighting.

The Churchill is made BOB with some minor modifications. The stowage is a mix of Tamiya, Italeri and Verlinden with home-made bedrolls out of gaze on the left side and on top.

The crew is both Tamiya with Hornet Heads.

The plan is now to make some camonetting, a driver figure and ofcourse hear what you think. Comments, critique, ideas, tips, the lot - let me have it.

Thanks for looking

Simon
MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Armorama: 825 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 02:32 AM UTC
Great looking Churchill Simon , Im building the exact same for the Normandy campaign ,
Yours is nicely weathered and the extra stowage looks great , especially the bicycle , ive seen pics of Churchills during Normandy with everything but the kitchen sink hung on the rear deck :-)

One thing to add which you may want to consider is just a little soot around the exhaust outlets

Ian
 _GOTOTOP