_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Vietnam Era personal Radio?
RedLeg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 746 posts
Armorama: 389 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 10:11 PM UTC
I don't know if this is the correct place for this so please move if you have to
Hi all i am looking for any pics of personal radios used by grunts during the Vietnam war can any one help me
Any type/make etc Links etc
thanks all

redleg
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 10:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't know if this is the correct place for this so please move if you have to
Hi all i am looking for any pics of personal radios used by grunts during the Vietnam war can any one help me
thanks all

redleg

Hey, Sarge...
Check out this link, there may be some help for ye' here, mate!

CLICK HERE!

~Gunny
blackbug67
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 10:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

thanks all

redleg

Redleg,

In my experience, 1965 - 1969, troups were not issued a personal radio. Aircrew had an emergency tranciever in their survival gear.

Regards,

L Witter
RedLeg
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 10:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Redleg,

In my experience, 1965 - 1969, troups were not issued a personal radio. Aircrew had an emergency tranciever in their survival gear.

Regards,

I don't mean issue! i mean bought himself from some old bird or bloke for listening to music etc should have been clearer sorry

redleg
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2006 - 04:18 PM UTC
I know there's some in a couple of the Verlinden sets......... but there's a Huge variety of them........
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2006 - 06:26 PM UTC
In Tamiya's PBR there is a '60's casette player/radio that would be what you are looking for.
BSPRU
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2006 - 09:03 PM UTC

reading the first comments, I thought you were talking about military radios, but I now know you are asking about radios for playing music.
I had this picture so I have posted it even if it is off topic. The Army issued squad radios called AN/PRR-9 helmet mounted radio receiver and the AN/PRT -4 hand held transmitter. The receiver was attached to the helmet but got lost in the field and the transmitter did not work as well as hoped. The squad leader had a transmitter and receiver the team leaders just had a receiver. The Berlin Brigade was still using these as late as 1982-83 when I was there. They were really ineffective and we then went to the AN/PRC-68.
The photo is from Kevin Lyles book "Vietnam:US Uniform in Color Photographs" pg.55
brian
RedLeg
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2006 - 09:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In Tamiya's PBR there is a '60's casette player/radio that would be what you are looking for.

Thanks Gino I have that kit in the stash and while i was doing stuff last night i see it on the side of the box all that and i had one all along DOH!

Thanks for all the replies guys great as usual

redleg
 _GOTOTOP