_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Arty Up! Campaign
lavgnr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 216 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 10:01 AM UTC
Hi all, I don't remember hearing anything about this campaign but noticed the title on the Campaigns page. Since it started on the 1st of August and runs until 31 January, I think that I could enter Revell's 105 Howitzer, kit 0539. I picked it up off of eBay a while back for a song. The box says 1995 but the box art says 50's. Sure enough, it's a reissue from 1958. All of 61 pieces, including three figures, 12 shells/ casings, and a base.
I'll throw a call out to sign up as there's only 5 pers enlisted including me- remember how successful "Incoming!" was?
Commanche1, thanks for running the campaign. Reportin' fer duty.
Mike
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 10:18 AM UTC
Just sign up.... count me as 6th.... this will be a good chance too get my M109 Chilean Army built

Hope more people join soon

Cheers
lavgnr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 10:25 AM UTC
Holy cow, Klaus, you must be running out of Chilean subjects by now! I'm saving my M109 for the pending (?) Canadian armour build. Good to have you aboard!

If commanche1 is out there, I'm not hijacking the campaign!

(must ..insert ..one more ..exclamation point... !)
GnrSebs2414
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 - 11:44 PM UTC
Hiya guys,im new to this so i dont know if im gona get my pics up,i cant wait to put up my British AS90,its my first model that iv put on the Internet and its only the second model iv built,iv only been modeling for bout 8-9 months now and im really enjoying it,when i get the time.If any one has any handy and useful tios please let me know,i cant wait to get my first campain done have a good one lads.
tumi
Visit this Community
Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 07:38 AM UTC
Hi I just registered in armorama and i want to join this campaing as i happened to be building the 88 37 tamiya kit this days, i hope it turns into a nice diorama
dexter059
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 07:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Holy cow, Klaus, you must be running out of Chilean subjects by now!

Good to have you aboard!

Thanks Mike, but I´m far from running out of chilean subjects....

Hope the leader appear soon

Sam, your profile says you´re from Chile, from which part of it?

Cheers
tumi
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 08:29 PM UTC
Hello, I have an update of the artillery piece im building (tamiyas flak 88-37 1:35)
PS; im from Stgo.
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 11:17 AM UTC
Is this a real campaign? Do we know the rules?

I'm new to the Armorama community and I'm not quite sure how this all works. I'm currently working on an M102 105mm howitzer and might consider enlisting in the campaign, if it's acceptable to the criteria and I can manage not to botch the build (I'm newly back to the hobby after a 20+ year absence).

lavgnr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 03:37 PM UTC
Hello, Zon. Welcome back to the hobby! This is a real, approved campaign that has already started. Anyone can enlist by hitting the "Campaigns" button at the top of the page, just below your name, and finding the "Arty Up!" entry. All rules are posted there including dates. We haven't heard from the campaign leader as he hasn't been on the site since June, though, and if he's decided to leave the site then we won't receive a ribbon for the campaign at the end unless we design one amongst the enlistees. That's putting the cart before the horse, though. Enjoy the build!
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 06:17 PM UTC
If I have the money, and can find a good kit or two, I will be in. Im hoping to find a Paladin, an MLRS, an AS-90 or the newer geman one - the something 2000 (cant remember the name). I'll sign up if I can. I have to buy my entry for the upcoming Achtung Jabo! campaign first. And if I can squeeze it in, the Greatest Ever tanks campaign.

It sucks to have a students budget.....
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2006 - 11:51 AM UTC
Mike, Thanks for the input. I'm signed up. Looking forward to it all. -zon
commanche1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 01:29 AM UTC
Hello and thanks for joining the campaign , I look forward to seeing all the great models..sorry for not being around much but that four letter word (work) has me real busy will try to post on here again I am building that new M40 .... good building guys thanks for joining
dexter059
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 01:51 AM UTC
Excellent news, now to work....as usual, at least 2 builds, looking for a M110A2 British Army (syill gathering info about it) and a Chilean Army M109

Cheers

PS: Self Propelled Air Defense Guns (like the M163, M42 Duster, Gepard) fits in the campaign idea? just wondering....
commanche1
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 08:04 AM UTC
Yes almost any thing will go as long as its not a Tank thats my only requirment, I want this to focus on self propelled , anti air cannons mortars ..
rondz28
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 09:01 AM UTC
Do we need to build a new kit for this campaign or can we eter one that was finished a few months ago?

Ron
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 11:32 AM UTC
As I believe it, the model should be completed withiin the time frame for the campaign. Someone will confirm or deny this for sure, and the campaign leader would be the ultimate one to ask.

Anyway, just wanted to say I think I have found a decently priced 105mm Howitzer with crew, and a good MLRS kit, so I may have two entries, definately entering the Howitzer though. I will enlist when I have my order confirmed and the kit is on its way.
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 12:54 PM UTC
Models for a campain must normally be made/finished within the timespan of the campain.

I have just joined this campain as I happend to order the new m40 from AFV ...

Normaly a gallery is made for upload of 1-3 pics of the finished subject - in progress pics belongs in you personal folder - Does anybody know if there is a gallery ?

Its is costumary - but not a demand, to show inprogress pictures of you build, that can be done either in this tread (single photos) or in a new tread if you want to show more photos or a "step by step" build up.

If you are creating you own tread, make sure to name it so it "belongs" to this campain - like "Arty Up - M40 .- Mr.Mox"

Have a nice campain
tumi
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 01:20 AM UTC
Hi, is the Flak 88 mm anti-air suitable for the campaing.
panzer67
Visit this Community
Nuevo Leon, Mexico
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 96 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 11:02 AM UTC
hello:

I wish to join me because need motivation to finish some german railguns i have in progress.
will be a member of the bruno family of german railguns.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 08:07 PM UTC
I have never taken part in any of the campaigns but I would like to start by taking part in this one. I still don't understand all of the rules for taking part. So I will ask them here.

1. Does the finished kit need to be in a diorama?
2. When I try to download and post photos it doesn't always work. Is it 100% required to post photos? I imagine that it is but I thought I would ask.
3. Do figures need to be included or just the kit itself?
4. Are they judged at the end to determine if they can be included?

I apologize for the questions but I just want to make sure that I understand everything.

On that note.......I have had an Italeri Nebelwerfer 41 kit sitting around for several years needing to be built. So I thought that maybe this would be a nice simple kit to build to try out a campaign. Will the Nebelwerfer be alright for this campaign?

Thanks for everything. HARV
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 08:31 PM UTC
A quick glimpse at the rules talks about completed model or diorama, so I imagine either is fine. I do not think it matters if figures are included. Photos are normally required. They serve as proof that you built a kit and in-progress photos prove that you did not take a previously built kit off the shelf just to earn a campaign ribbon.

But, I'm not in charge so the rules are up to the interpretation of the campaign leader.

I would like to enter but I've got a few campaigns on my plate. If I knock off a few of them first, I'll enlist later.

TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2006 - 08:51 AM UTC
This will be Campaign #2 for me. What that really means is I'll actually FINISH another model.

My entry is going to be a simple one (that I can actually finish - between work and college [7 am to 11 pm], I only have some time on weekends): The "Life-Like Hobby Kits" 75mm World War 1 Artillery Piece with Operating Front Shield and Wheels :-) ). Kit 09692......been in the stash for a bit.

If all goes well, I'll probably add either the AFV Club M115 8" or M102 105mm. I also have the Italeri M101 with all the bells and whistles.

Let me do the 75mm first, and we'll see how it goes!

Mike
tumi
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2006 - 10:41 PM UTC
here´s an update on my proyect

HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2006 - 11:11 PM UTC
I enlisted in this campaign. It is my first. I don't always have a lot of time to work on a kit so I will go ahead and do the Nebelwerfer 41 if that will be alright. I figure that it will be an easy kit to complete without having to dedicate a lot of time to it. If I can I will probably try to place it in a small diorama.

Thanks commanche1 for starting this campaign. I am looking forward to taking part in it.

HARV

Another quick question. Do we post our progress here on this post or do we start a new post each time?
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 02:49 AM UTC
So mobile stuff is ok? I just picked up a Panzerhaubitze 2000...
 _GOTOTOP