_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Large Scale British/Commonwealth Figures
mightymouse
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 02:18 PM UTC
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any companies that make large scale figures of British/Commonwealth soldiers from WWII?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
Armorama: 969 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 02:21 PM UTC
When you say large scale Mike, it helps if you give some idea which you want ie, 1/16-1/25-200mm etc.

John
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 939 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 03:42 PM UTC
Hi Mike,
I posted a similar question a few months ago and one of the other blokes on the site directed me to Firing Line.You didn't mention what scale you were looking for but the figures on the link are in 120mm scale.They've got some good figures ,i've been tempted to buy a couple myself!I hope this link can help you out cobber.
Cheers,Shay
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 04:00 PM UTC
Verlinden have quite a few 120mm Britsish/commonwealth figures. I bought 6 of these recently from a collection for sale. They cost about £6 each. Im sure if you keep an eye on evilbay, theres always a few knocking about for decent prices.
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 303 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 09:05 PM UTC
Mike there is a company in the U.K www.djparkins.com
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 848 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 10:05 PM UTC
I'm in the process now of converting this nice one into Queens Own Rifles of Canada right now. Its a British Commonwealth figure D Day (Commandos) He an
assault vest and well sculpted. He's from DogTag Miniatures. They also have a nice commonwealth soldier Pacific as well

www.minially.com

As mentioned earlier Verlinden had some older 120mm and Firing Line has some nice ones as well. Also check out the "The Lost Battalion"

http://www.tlbminiatures.com/

Ray
mightymouse
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 12:33 AM UTC
Thanks! These all look so tempting. I'll have to pick the best ones and get some.

auburn
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 927 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 08:10 AM UTC
Hello Mike,....
Mate I had hoped that I was in a postion to help you, ... I had started a small range of 120 mm WW11 Commonwealth subjects, being that they are New Zealand and Australian troops depicting them in their different theatres of the war,...Sadly my caster's health has taken a bad turn, so the best layed plans of mice and men have been put back,.. yet again !....Consistant casting quality is hard to find.... BUT !.. it will happen, when it dose I will be in touch with you also post pictures on " A " ......

Phil...
mightymouse
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 09:22 AM UTC
Phil,

I can't wait! Now all I have to do is decide if I want to paint my current figures in oil or acrylic... Tough choice, but I think the fact that I have a lot of acrylics lying about (and a box of them on the way) is going to force my hands.
Can anyone reccomend a good brand of oil pants that dry to a smooth finish? I've only used oils in elementary school, and I've never payed attention to oil brands at the hobby stores!
 _GOTOTOP