_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Kiwibelg's Norman Pics under better lighting
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 939 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 10:09 PM UTC
Hi guys,
Thanks for your earlier comments on my last posting.Unfortunately the photos were taken late at night,so they weren't very good.Brad,i will take into account about the small clump of grass at the front right mate,thanks for your tip .
The four figures that i will use are from Tamiya' s British infantry on patrol with Warriors British head set nr. 4,and they will be accompanied by a stray German Sheperd,the dio entitled "Mad dog and Englishmen".I wanted a serene and relaxed setting,hence the flowers etc.
Darson and Roel thanks for the good words,go to the Diorama section here to see what i used for the shrubs and grass etc.
Anyways,the pics under better lighting:

Thanks for looking(sorry there are a fair few!)
Cheers,Shay
bill1
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,938 posts
Armorama: 520 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 11:00 PM UTC
Yoo

Nice dio...very realistic,maybe you can add a simple roadsing or a "shrine" in dutch een( jezuskruisje of mariabeeldje) hope you understand....thats my personal idea....anway this is still great work!!!

keep going

greetz den Bill
Jung
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 87 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2006 - 12:03 AM UTC
Very nice diorama, looks very similar to a Norman countryside
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 939 posts
Armorama: 429 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hi,
Bill,thanks for the tips mate,i won't be using a little roadside shrine on this dio but i do def. plan on scratching one for a dio in the future.There are about 10 shrines here in the neighbourhood so i will have plenty of ideas to conjour something up.
Corey,well i'm hoping this looks "Normandy" enough!I haven't been there before myself but my groundwork came about by looking at the countryside where i live in Gent,Belgium.I've got a bunker on the otherside of my street and a few in my area (W.W.2 era) so it's a great place to walk around to get some inspiration.
Cheers,Shay
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 10:44 AM UTC
Shay, looking mighty fine there! I really love the diversity you have come up with the vegetation. Top notch so far. Now I cant wait to see how those figs are coming with them new brushes Cheers Kevin
 _GOTOTOP