_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Armor stowage
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 835 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 06:21 PM UTC
I am wondering how most of you experienced armor builders add stowage to your models. I have been looking at different completed kits and stowage seems to add a lot to the kits. Do you make the stuff yourself or buy resin add-ons for the kit? What are some good ways to add stowage to a basic kit?
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 08:02 PM UTC
Hi Andrew;
As a matter of fact, is just everything you said, I make my ouwn stuff with an epoxi putty or paper, I buy or cast in resin and I also use the equipamment that comes together with the model or what spares from others models, but the most important here is to know your subject, study photos to where the stuff is on the vehicle, Rob written a good forum about it some time ago here, search it and you find interesting things to think when hangging things around a tank....I think its posted in the Armor forum...
Cheers!
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 11:09 PM UTC
Andrew,
I agree with Paulo, read the posts by Sabot (Rob) on this subject. It is very thought provoking.
I am working on an M8 armored car and have a picture (in the squadron/signal book) of one loaded down with stowage. I plan to make a few tarps for this using the white glue/water method. This will be my first try at that. I have never been satified with my efforts in painting molded tarp rolls, ect. I have a few resin pieces but have yet to try them.
Good luck with your project and let us all know how it works out.
Chuck
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 835 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 06:18 AM UTC
I have seen several stowage add-ons for armor, but don't know which ones are good and which ones are not (often I just find a description and price, no pictures). I am mostly looking for modern/desert strom stowage. If anyone knows a nice stowage kit or some good ideas on how to make some stowage pieces please let me know.

Also, would Russian stowage be accurate enough to represent Irag stowage during the gulf war? (that is if I can find any)
 _GOTOTOP