_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Muddy tank- pics from test
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 319 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 03:53 AM UTC
The last sunday i `ve done some next steps on my "Big diorama to 1-25 scale" and it cut up well of natural mud. I decide to try new technics of weathering.(mudding )
Two first models are made by paper-card at 1-25scale and next two are plastic 1-35 scale (rare for me).I affraid about my paper-card models because paper is absorbly material,and even it is protected by lack and after humbrol something wrong could happend.But lucky doesn`t happend.
Now few words about weathering material- it`s natural mud , fine-grained sand and water -glue mix together.Glue when is dry doesn`t change color of mud and is unvisible.They are cheaply and within easy reach materials.
First is T34-76 1-25 paper-card model from "Maly Modelarz",edited at 1968. It`s now in difficult condition,came all "battle way" and at least i can put up with the lost of it .

Next one it`s a Pz IV G 1-25 scale from MODELIK with PE part by ABER.Some claimps made by scratch.

Now 1-35 plastic.
First one -M4A3

Next muddy 1-35 model it`s a T34-85 model 46.I introduced this tank at T34 collection here .

And to the end exhibit to be moderate wit mud.Tiger i 1-24 RC after it left mud and went on wet grass.Even in caves stay not to much mud.

That `a all from the "muddy sunday"
And by the way one pic. http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/5901/czogowisko112xp.jpg

It`s enough my awful english writing.
Please appreciate Yourself
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 12:29 PM UTC
Gday Piotr
Well I have to say that the mud you have created is very convincing! And a very cheap option...
The problem I think you have is not the loook of the mud, which is great, but the application of the mud... The way it abruptly finishes on the hull sides looks too artificial to me... It also makes it look too contrasting... If you could lightly blend the transition between mud colour and the tank colour it would look more natural...Maybe you could have some more random splashes of mud on the hull sides of different heights...
The running gear on the Sherman especially look very good in the close up photos
Cheers
Brad
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 02:12 PM UTC
Hello Brad.
Thank for Your precise notice.It `ll be very helpful for future.Thanks again .
Reagards from Gdansk.
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 12:35 AM UTC
Hi again!
After i read all opinion and advices from difference forum i decide to continue my "mudding" expierience. I prepair mudd solution and filtrate by thick filter.To apply I use simply Tamiya air- brush.At this moment it is quality,because it has big nozzle.When mudd was dry at second step I use brush to smear some places. Now just my effects.
1-35 scale

and 1-25 scale

I na koniec ubBociBem model na którym trenowalem ostatnio cieniowanie.

To air brush i use power-pack (bottle) and this way lost possibilities to regulate press.I think use higher press durind compressor cooperation give to me possibilites to applying thicker mudd.All before me and present effects are to Your criticism.
Reagards from Gdansk
 _GOTOTOP