_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon AMOM - Argrillion
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
KitMaker: 447 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 01:05 PM UTC
Here is my OOB Tamiya 1/48th Early Panther G built. I didn't have much time to buid this kit as it was to be part of a 1/48th diorama project by the local society.

The overall built was easy with minimum putty used. However, there were some details that were simplified compared with its bigger brother in 1/35th. To make this built exciting, I added surface texture on the turret sides and the glacis plate. The texture did turn-out well after some washes and dusting with pigments.

Since the diorama is based on summer, I heavily dusted the horizontal surfaces to show accumulated dust from the dried ground it was travelling. I also added some light chipping using positive and negative methods where the outcomes were surprising to me. Anyhow, hope you enjoy my kit photos.

Overall View

Top View

Side View - Oil stains on the rear upper hull

Heavy mud build-up on wheels

Negative chipping on tool

Dust accumulation on turret top

All comments are welcomed. Cheers
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 04:02 PM UTC
Looking good, it may be simplified in some places, but it doesn't look it. I like the dusty look, but if this vehicle has been traveling over dried,dusty ground you might want to highlight the tracks a little bit more. The high points of those go very shiny in such conditions.
The exhausts seem nice, how about a few close-ups of the rear?

Cheers
Henk
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
KitMaker: 447 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 12:07 PM UTC
Thanks Henk for your comments. I used a pencil to highlight the tracks but I guess the final dusting overshadowed it.

More shots to share ...

Rear View (shot was taken before final completion) - The dusting reduced the contrast between the chips and the yellow top coat

Close-up View - Heavily chipped jack

Another close-up view - note the scaled exhaust pipe
 _GOTOTOP