_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Homepage suggestion
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
Armorama: 234 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 10:02 PM UTC
I was somewhat worried about the way the site was going to be split, seperate sites for aircraft, figures etc. I am pleased my worries were groundless, congratulations Staff Jim.

However one thing I have noticed is that none of the homepages have photos of members' finished kits. I remember that at one time at the top of the page there were random pics of certain models along with the builder's name. There are some pics of latest features but they are usually cropped thumbnails.

As there are "model of the month" competitions going on would it be possible to have a pic of the latest winner's kit displayed on the homepage? Not a partial thumbnail but a decently sized photo with a "Model of the Month" label.

I realise that space might be at a premium with all the adds displayed but sometimes I get the feeling that the homepage is a bit soul-less. Maybe a photo or two of member built kits would give it a warmer feel, especially to new members. As an added bonus it might encourage MoM participation?
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2006 - 12:41 AM UTC
Hi Martin,

Just had a look at the home page, you forget what things are like!!! :-) :-)

There's quite a lot there, on the left hand side, Features, Models on Display, but there would appear to be space below. Perhaps putting Model of the Month at the top would be a good idea. Give credit to the winner anyway and maybe encourage others.

If there is space then why not, give Dragon an extra plug as they sponsor the contest and provide the free kits, but perhaps there is a financial side as well? Could Jim get some more sponsorship if Dragon MOM was at the top of the homepage in the armoured section???

:-) :-) :-)

I personally don't find the page dull, there's a lot happening but perhaps we are just used to it.

Good idea???

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP