_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Magach 6B Batash references
toby2282
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 02:37 PM UTC
Hello,

I am looking at purchasing the Legends Magach 6B Batash conversion in the next couple of months, but I'm struggling for decent references. Unlike the Merkava tank I can find very few decent pics for use. I have looked at the Israeli Weapons website, Prime Portal, The IDF modelling site and the IDF Forum site but to no avail. I also have the book on IDF Tanks and Infantry Carriers by Marsh Gelbart but there are only a couple of pics. If anyone can recommend any decent books or references it would be gratefully appreciated. I have also tried searching on Yahoo and Getty Images but it is almost impossible to spend so much time searching through all the pictures in the hope of finding several decent Batash pics (I have only found a handful of mediocre ones!!!)

Thanks

Toby Knight
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 08:41 AM UTC
Legend along with Desert Eagle Publishing will be coming out with an IDF Armor series. The first one is out (just got it) on the Magach 6B Gal (Part 1). The second is on Merkava Mk.III and the third is on Magach6B Gal and Gal Batash (Part 2).
leebo
Visit this Community
Kyoto-fu, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 11:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Legend along with Desert Eagle Publishing will be coming out with an IDF Armor series. The first one is out (just got it) on the Magach 6B Gal (Part 1). The second is on Merkava Mk.III and the third is on Magach6B Gal and Gal Batash (Part 2).

Useful info, thanks!

My copy of the first one is on its way, but I didn't know about the others. That's good news!

AVALON_BOOKS
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2006 - 12:46 AM UTC
MAGACH 6B GAL M60A1 IN IDF SERVICE PART 1 A photo book focusing mainly on use of MAGACH 6B GAL tanks that were used by the IDF (Israel) from the 1970s till present. The book features never seen photos of the MAGACH 6B GAL. This massive, heavily illustrated book is, without doubt, the definitive work on its subject. Book in 63pages, Illustrated. pages profusely illustrated with FULL-colour THROUGHOUT photographs. This volume contains a huge amount of information on MAGACH 6B GAL. The text includes a large amount of information on the various models of tank, and their tactical use. The book is particularly valuable for its extensive COLOR photographs. There is also a section covering model kits build-ups. ALL ENGLISH TEXTAnd USPS MO is fine or WE ACCEPT VISA/MC/DISCOVER/AMEX PAYPAL= [email protected] Avalon Books & Hobbies 1510 N. SCOTTSDALE RD. TEMPE, AZ 85281 480-994-2263

Then $26.95 + $4.05Priority USPS shipping =$31.00 .......
WE ACCEPT VISA/MC/DISCOVER/AMEX
Please send CC Info in TWO SEPARATE mails

PAYPAL= [email protected]

KEITH PIEPER
AVALON BOOKS & HOBBIES
1510 N. SCOTTSDALE RD.
TEMPE, AZ 85281
480-994-2263
jhoog59
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2006 - 12:47 PM UTC
I just picked this up at my local hobby shop and its more information than I thought possible. Worth having for any IDF modeler
 _GOTOTOP