Hosted by Darren Baker
Summer Tree Completed
bodymovin
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 12:16 AM UTC
Hello everyone, after recieving an awesome product in the mail from silflor, I was able to add foliage to my once bare tree. The tree was made from roots dug up from an oak tree and clumps of the silflor "beech tree" foliage were glued onto the root structure. Hope you like!

This is the first time using photobucket so im not sure if its going to work....here goes nothing!
Ian
bill1
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,938 posts
Armorama: 520 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 12:30 AM UTC
Hi

shxxt... thats realy great very realistic.....its a good idea to use a root from a tree....i must remember that ....great work !!!!

grtz den Bill
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 01:41 AM UTC
Ian, its looking real good. I was afraid that Silflor stuff was going to be some awesome stuff. Why dont you pm Slodder about doing a review on it? I know Vinnie has changed some of the policy as per reviews on here but i'm not sure how that has affected the dio part of the site. Anyway its worth a try to see. Goodlooking tree Cheers Kevin
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 01:59 PM UTC
Gday Ian
That is looking the goods!
Does the product come on a matting? That is how it appears in the pics, and you would just stretch it out?...
Only thought I have to help is that maybe the trunk needs to be a little thicker at the base... Seems to be a consistent diameter from bottm to top, but as you'd know it would be thicker down lower to support the weight above...
Hard to tell, but is there a couple of colours in the foliage? Looks like a bit of yellow scattered about...
Cheers
Brad
Porsch
Visit this Community
Ecuador
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 03:39 PM UTC
nice tree and superb foliage, really cool

Cheers!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 03:55 PM UTC
Looks like a good feature to me.

Very creative and natural.
garthj
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 282 posts
Armorama: 229 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 10:54 PM UTC
Hi Ian

A very authentic looking tree, with some excellent foliage application. I like the shape and look of the trunk. By the way, if you guys are interested, dried ivy root makes excellent small to medium size trees. You have to dig a bit (as Ian clearly does) and you might get strange looks from niegbours, but dry out the root fringes and apply foliage they look great. I will try to post a few pics.

Excellent work, Ian, very realistic.!

Cheers
Garth
 _GOTOTOP