_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Ersatz M-10
hworth18
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 426 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2003 - 04:18 AM UTC
Does anyone know of a company that makes the Ersatz M-10 German tank in 1/35 besides the add-on resin kit made by Accurate Armour?? Or, will be making it in the future?? I want to build that but I can't see paying for the kit and another $25-30.00 for the conversion.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2003 - 04:33 AM UTC
no the only thing available is the AA kit, and you might want to order it direct from their site. I've gotten better response time buying direct from them, and the support has improved tenfold from AA. its worth the price.... good hunting stug
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2003 - 05:45 AM UTC
You can always try and do as the germans did ...build it yourself...It is quite an easy conversion ...get out some styrene and see if you can't do it ..It is all just flat pieces ,no curves to cut out ...Have a go at it before you fork over that well earned cash..The worst that can happen is you throw away a few sheets of styrene.

Richard
modelnut4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2003 - 06:04 AM UTC
Hi PFC,

Somewhere in my archives I have an article that details the conversion using sheet styrene and other homebrew techniques. As I recall it was pretty complete, I'll try and dig it up for you. The author had included the drawings to make the add on armor plate to give it the ersatz look.

As soon as I find it, I'' post you a jingle

Oink Oink

Jay Pig #53
Las Vegas, NV
 _GOTOTOP