_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Leopard MBT in German Army Service
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 03:54 AM UTC
Here''s a look at a new title from Tankograd Publishing on the Leopard MBT in German Army service - Late Years. A title that wouldn't fit into the header info since we're limited to the number of characters we can use!. Thanks Ethelian!

Leopard MBT In German Army Service - Late years

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 03:21 PM UTC
I don't quite understand one thing. Hawkeye wrote

Quoted Text

A second book is promised that will cover the later variants of the Leopard 1 including the up-armoured versions.

Well, first of all the reviewed book is a second book. First was about early years of Leo 1 in Bundeswehr service and this new book is about later variant. And judging from scanned pages from the reviewed book it seems to cover up-armored versions. Does it mean that third book is planned? What versions would be covered in it that were not covered in the first two?

Pawel
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 03:26 PM UTC
Pawel Ask Tankograd. Stop being supercilious.

Vinnie
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 03:31 PM UTC
Vinnie, the quoted text was written by Hawkeye, not Tankograd. He reviewed the book, so knows what variants are covered and if he wrote that some are not covered, then I would like to know which one. He mentions that variants 1A1 to 1A5 are covered, but A1 - A4 were already covered in the first book and I see on scans that at least a couple other versions are shown in the new book (e.g. 1A1A2, 1A1A4). These are not questions to Tankograd, but to the reviewer. I just want to know if variants I'm interested in are covered in this book.
Pawel
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 07:54 AM UTC
Agree with previous comments.

Plus it would be helpful to put the full title on the review header : "Leopard MBT In German Army Service - Late years" and not only "Leopard MBT In German Army Service" because of possible confusion with the earlier volume "Leopard MBT In German Army Service - Early years" which I think should have been mentioned in the review to put things in context.

Cheers,

Christophe
Hawkeye
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 701 posts
Armorama: 640 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 11:08 PM UTC
Pawel,Christophe, the mistake was mine and no one else's. I had submitted the review and did not realise i had missed out "late" in the title and got this paragraph the wrong way round.

Quoted Text

A second book is promised that will cover the later variants of the Leopard 1 including the up-armoured versions.

My only excuse is that i wanted to get the review to Vinnie before i went on vacation, sorry.

Regards from the Swamp

Eth
 _GOTOTOP