Hosted by Darren Baker
I went and did it...
daselim
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 212 posts
Armorama: 76 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 06:49 AM UTC
I picked up the Tamiya 1/48 M4 Sherman early at HL since it was 1/3 off and, as my wife will say, I am weak Honestly, I only ran in there to buy a bottle of MM paint and see if they had anything new in stock.

I bought it to see what the buzz was about, even though I'm not that enthused myself about the metal hull, I have to say I really like the looks of the little kit. I'm going to force myself to built it close to OOB, except for filling the sponsons and dressing up the weld seams, just to see how it goes in the "get her done" department, since I am so notorious at never finishing any kit I start.

I will post pics, good or bad, once I've finished with her.

And I've already got a Normandy/bocage diorama idea with the M4, M4A1, and US Infantry set in the back of my mind (and for anyone who works at a model company, a 1/48th scale Jeep would be very, very nice )

I really can't wait to get started on this build, and hopefully will be able to start and even possibly finish except for paint this weekend!

Cheers
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 02:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

and for anyone who works at a model company, a 1/48th scale Jeep would be very, very nice )

Verlinden makes one. 1/48 Jeep
 _GOTOTOP