Hosted by Darren Baker
Whats the deal on these barriers
garyj36
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 163 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 10:09 AM UTC
The barrier in the first pic is dead accurate. But even at $1 I cant sell them. The second pic is the previous barrier and they sold great, but where largely inaccurate for any theater of war. Should I offer both or ditch the new and go back to the old?

Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,437 posts
Armorama: 1,303 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 10:31 AM UTC
Gary, what does the new, accurate one cost? Just a $1? I'll buy 10 at least. Any coolers left? If so, what is the cost? What is the shipping? PM me.

Bob
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 03:48 PM UTC
I guess you can't tell what customers want....

I like the new ones better than the old ones. I don't do modern stuff.

It may be that the new one looks like it can be scratch built. The old one looks more 'produced'. The old one looks like it fits the toy soldier scenario vs a 1/35 diorama. Just my two cents
AndyD
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 282 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 04:20 PM UTC
The new one looks a 100% better than the old one.
Could I suggest that in your ebay add you have a diorama that features them - circle them in red in the dio then two closeups. First with a nicely painted figure to show scale and the 2nd a close up of just the barrier.
Cheers,
Andy.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 05:14 PM UTC
Hi Gary,

The second batch look much better than the first. Are they only $1.00???

They could be used by WW2 modellers as part of a started poured wall/defence in the in NWE. If you look at the AA site under forfifications the basic structure looks similar, although yours are obviously shorter.

Now there's a though if you already got the process started

They look ideal for the Modern stuff. Hope sales pick up, Andy's idea would seem sound.

Could you also send an example to some of the Military Modelling Magazines with detaisls and see if they might do an aricle on them, just introduce yourself and your product. If you could get a bit of free advertising that would help you a lot.

Some thoughts anyway.

Cheers

Al
slynch1701
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 290 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 09:12 PM UTC
Ordered some from you off of e-bay along with some coolers earlier this week. Looking forward to recieving them.

Sean
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 09:15 PM UTC
Perhaps a lot has to do with perspectives. Maybe if you place some figures besides the first one to show scale, it'll sell. IMO, the first one looks too large because there are no figures next to them.

As people mentioned, are they really $1? If so, I'll buy. PM me too...do you take PayPal?
rondz28
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 09:31 PM UTC
Gary

The new one looks accurate to me, I'll take 10 at $1.00 each.
E-mail with shipping costs.

Ron
garyj36
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 10:16 PM UTC
Heres how they scale against a dragon marine. Theyre scale '8 L x "41 H.
They use a vaseline alchohaul mold release, so they'll have to be washed. I can offer legit at this price as I bought an insane quantity of resin. Take about two weeks to fill max as Im finishing up the last of my discontinued racks today, I can be reached at [email protected] for details. As long as you live on earth, I ship there.
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 11:23 PM UTC
I think both barriers look fantastic, and when i have the cash as I said I will definately put a large order in. At a doller each these are more than a bargain and you could sell them easily if you improved things a little.
The picture you use to advertise these is a little blurred and its hard to make out the detail, if you pictured them against a white background or a black background the detail would come out much better. The thing that sells MIG sets is the ultra realistic paint jobs so perhaps try painting them a little better and improving the photography.
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 747 posts
Armorama: 301 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 11:31 PM UTC
make a couple in 1/87 (HO) scale I need some for my layout and I have $2 I can spend
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 12:10 AM UTC
Dear Gary
i do love your Barrier. Well you should painted it better the grey look strange and the bottom part should receive a yellow line.

For marketing insight you should do some ads on them, the best way send it for free to talented modern modelers here: Heavyarty, Epi, Jeff , Bison 126, Eriktorp may be more ?????

Aask them to included them on their future dio, we (future customers) need to see how they looks in use.

Tell me what you think
good luck on the business

seb
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 12:15 AM UTC
I am not a modern builder so I have no need for any at this time but I wanted to give you encouragement as they do look fantastic.

I think others have given you some great suggestions. Post pics of a few single barriers and then including a few in dioramas to show the viewers some potnetial uses.

One last thing, get some better pics. The ones you have here are dark and dull.
SexinmyLS1
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 12:18 AM UTC
I think they look great. They look pretty damn realistic to me, judging from the photos. I think for $1 a piece, a better quality pic is all you need. Let the customer paint it themself, it only cost them $1.

- John
garyj36
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2006 - 12:42 AM UTC
Two of those guys are on board. One of the others is my test pilot. That was the gray I had. Im a poor college student
 _GOTOTOP