_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
M1A1 Ammo Loaders
Thrashergklm
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 166 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 09:27 AM UTC
Ok, heres the questions that I would like to ask ya'll. 1) would an Abrams crew be loading ammo into the storage area when the power pack is being put in or being taken out? 2) What dragons kit has a parts to build the internal areas of the Abrams? 3) And would also the Ver 1976 M1A1 Detailed set help out to show the batteriers and the other stuff for the Engine? Heres what I'm think about doing, I would like to show off the power back being put in and also some tankers loading ammo and a detailed inside of the tank with an M88. thanks inadvances.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 01:14 PM UTC
Hi Cam

Read this review of the Verlinden set before (not) buying.

Verlinden

I had the set and it seemed to resist all forms of superglue and just refused to stay stuck together.

David
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 06:12 PM UTC
No, the crew would not be uploading ammo while the pack was being pulled. Normally, the ammo is downloaded prior to working on the vehicle as a safety precaution. It only takes 1.5 volts to fire off a main gun round.

The old Dragon M1A1-HA w/crew was the kit that included interior pieces. Here is a link to one of the kits: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-M1A1-HA-Abrams-w-Crew-L-K_W0QQitemZ260025523784QQcmdZViewItem

The Verlinden set has its uses as "tank-like" details inside the turret. While not accurate, when placed inside the vehicle and viewed from the small hatches, it looks better than an undetailed interior.
sarge18
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 272 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 06:35 PM UTC
Never while pack was in the air. Unsafe. You might see ammo upload/download while being worked on, but not if there was any nearby vehicle movement (the M88 moving) or if the engine was being groudn hopped.

Jed Sargent
 _GOTOTOP