_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
IDF PUMA in progress
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 11:52 PM UTC
Here is Legends full resin kit of the IDF PUMA, after recent events in lebanon and all the fotage of this vehicle in action I was inspired to get on with it.The kit is pretty good but can do with some improvment, and does need some details added, luckily I have the Wild and cruel cats book which is a great help.The anti slip texture is made with pepper and looks perfect for IDF anti slip. I will be replacing the kit guns with Dragon pieces(the kit supplied parts are dreadful!!!) and adding other small things. The Rafeal OWS was quite hard to make becuase the instructions were so bad, but once built looks very nice, the MAG is from Academy. Ive added Fruil tracks for their superior appearance. These were the first set of fruils I have built and they are simply fantastic, I dont think I can use plastic tracks again, they look awsome on this model. By the way the tracks are only on temporarily, thats why the left ones face the wrong way.

chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2006 - 12:26 AM UTC
Rob, Nice work! I have always liked the Puma, I hope that Bronco Models will be quick with their release of it in PLA. Pepper Hunh? I would have never thought of that one- it looks perfect for the coarse IDF non-skid.

Chris
Hawkeye
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 701 posts
Armorama: 640 posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2006 - 11:11 PM UTC
Looks good so far Rob, and the pepper anti slip certainly looks impressive, as good as other IDF AFV's that i have seen use this method.......what colour are you going to paint it?

Regards from the Swamp

Eth
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,998 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Friday, September 01, 2006 - 11:23 PM UTC
looking good Rob

keep it up

cheers

keith forsyth
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 12:01 AM UTC
Really nice build... I like it very much. The "pepper anti-slip" is a great idea.

Keep us posted, I can't wait to see this one painted.

Mario
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 12:49 AM UTC
Thanks for your comments guys. Im pleased you like it and equally cant wait to paint this beast.

Chris-I hope Bronco release the PUMA aswell, i just hope its not a false promise.

Ethelian-It will be painted in a dark stone grey, the most modern IDF paint colour, and will hopefully represent a vehicle during 2006 Operation summer rain.
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 01:43 AM UTC
Rob,
Looking smart as a carrot---scratched this one........ then it came out ------will watch with interest how it comes out
My rendering ...

Near miss --was put togeter for a show in 8 days :-) :-) :-)
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 09:40 AM UTC
Heya, Rob,

Great work! The pepper idea is inspired!! What did you use to anchor it to the hull....?

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Armorama: 1,339 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 11:40 AM UTC
You've done some great work so far Rob. Lots of great details. The anti slip pepper is quite impressive.
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 11:56 AM UTC
Heh the pepper anti-slip is a 'slick', and dangerous, move. At any time you risk sneezing and sending small parts and PE on the table everywhere The Puma is a mean looking sled. Great job so far, definately a lot of work! And a nice scratchbuild by Steve!
 _GOTOTOP