_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
PE For beginners
shooterman
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 12:06 AM UTC
Hi,

is anyone aware of an article dealing with basic techniques for working with PE?

I would like to start using more PE but I would like to get some guidance before taking the plunge.
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 01:38 AM UTC
here's a thread on it a few days ago:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/83172#690450
bydand
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 02:50 PM UTC
Shooterman,

There was one on Roadkills website which is now defunct, he is a member here but doesn't seem to post very often anymore. I think the article was from Eduard but I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be more help.

Cheers

Craig
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 03:23 PM UTC
How about a group tutorial on PE. Something like they're having now on starting to build a kit, and the one they had a while ago on painting AFV's? Does anyone think it's "dooable".. and is anyone ready to lead something like this? I have a feeling a whole bunch of peple would be interested in something like this.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 12:06 AM UTC
Maybe when I build my 1/200 Sovremenny Russian destroyer I will take pics of the 350 or so pieces of PE on that one The tower and topsail radar are about 35 pieces with no plastic at all... On the other thread linked above it has another link to aircraftresourcecenter.com articles that pretty much show everything for the basics of bending and gluing etch though. Which part is the most difficult for most people, the bending, painting, or gluing?? I think 90% of the problems stem from the HANDLING of the etch for ones new to it.
 _GOTOTOP