_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Arty Up! Nebelwerfer 41
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 02:54 AM UTC
Here is what I am planning to build for this campaign. It is the Italeri Nebelwerfer 41, kit no. 324. If it works out alright I might build a different artillery piece to add to the campaign. I have had this kit sitting around for several years. I have always had an interest in the Nebelwerfer 41 but I really don't know why. Anyway I thought I would try this for my first campaign.

I apologize for the quality of the photos. I hope to get better at this during the campaign.

Thanks, HARV
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Friday, September 08, 2006 - 07:19 PM UTC
Randy, you'll have to keep us "cannon-cockers" up on this one. I'd like to get one of these too.....just not sure which one (the Italeri or one from the resin companys).

Anyhow....should be fun!

Mike
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 12:31 AM UTC
Hi Mike,

Greetings from your neighbor to the North.

I hope to post some progress photos soon. I have started with the build but have had some problems already. I will explain this in my next post. Like I mentioned before, I have always had an interest in the Nebelwerfer. I have just never built one. I hope that all will turn out alright for this campaign.

Thanks, HARV
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Friday, November 03, 2006 - 11:59 PM UTC
I thought would post some update photos of the Italeri Nebelwerfer 41 that I am working on.

The first problem that I ran into was that I had forgot that it had already been painted on the sprue by the formed owner. I bought this kit several years ago from a fellow modeler and it has sat in my closet since then. I took it out of the box and was kind of surprised. I was going to strip it before I started on it. However I decided it would be easier to strip it and repaint it after the construction is completed due to the small parts involved. That just means that it has been a pain getting the paint scratched off so that I can glue the pieces together. It looks really tan in the photos. I guess that is the result of the flash. It is mostly dark gray with some dark yellow streaks brushed on.

The next thing that I should mention is that if you are going to build this kit be sure to dry fit everything several times before you glue. I had problems following the instruction sheet and getting the pieces in the right place. I used the following link to help get some of the parts in the right place.

http://www.svsm.org/gallery/Nebelwerfer-42

I would like to thank Vladimir Yakubov for the walk around.

Other than that everything is going fine. I have had it sitting on the table like this for a few weeks waiting to take a couple of pictures of it to post here. I could have finished it by now but I wanted to show my work in progress. Anyway here is what I have completed so far.

Sorry for the quality of the photos. I hope to get better at this by my next post.

I will post another update soon.

Thanks, HARV
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 11:11 PM UTC
HARV, I was getting worried! Good to see it coming along. Painted before? What a pain!

Lookin' good tho. Every now and then it's nice to do something simple that doesn't take too long.

Mike
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 04:37 AM UTC
Here is my latest update. I have all of the main components completed. I did have to use some filler on some of the parts. Hopefully that will be visible in the photo. The next step will be cleaning it up and painting the individual components before I complete the construction. I haven't decided if I am going to show it with any of the canisters and rockets or not. I will just have to decide I guess. Anyway here is the next step in the construction of this kit.

HARV

HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 11:20 PM UTC
Here is my Nebelwerfer 41 with the base coat of German Grey. My plan is to finish it up before the end of the month so that it can be included in the campaign. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Other than painting the tires and a few of the smaller details I don't plan on doing much more to it. I plan on it looking like it is basically fresh from the factory ready to go into combat.

This has been my first campaign and I have learned that you shouldn't wait until the last minute to finish something up.

Thanks for looking.

HARV

HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 04:38 AM UTC
Well..............I guess this is what happens when you wait until the last minute to do something. I had planned on posting the pictures of my finished Nebelwerfer 41 today. However I see that the Photo Gallery is not up and running. Soooooooo...............I hope that you will take my word for it when I say that my project is completed. Hopefully it will be back up and running later tonight or at least by tomorrow and I will be able to post the pictures.

So there is the lesson boys and girls....................never put anything off until the last minute!!

HARV
Removed by original poster on 02/01/07 - 09:45:14 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 02/01/07 - 09:53:02 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 02/01/07 - 10:07:23 (GMT).
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 11:13 PM UTC
Here is my "better late than never" Nebelwerfer 41.

I enjoyed building this kit. For a small kit there were a lot of parts.

Thanks for looking.

HARV

I have more photos of it to post however I could only upload this one into my gallery. If I can get the others uploaded I will post them later.

I took these today. I couldn't get the other ones that I took yesterday to upload. So I had to start over.

Thanks again, HARV.

_GOTOTOP