_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Staff Needed For The News Section
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 11:14 PM UTC
We're looking to appoint a Staff News Writer for the News Section.

In principal, one person, although another could be considered later on.

Qualifications: A person who has a good knowledge base of current trends and in particular the AM sector. Someone who has a working knowledge of HTML and using a photo-editing program such as Photoshop. Good, written English is a must and the ability to 'explain' - bearing in mind that many of the site-users are either 'returnees' or new to the hobby. It would also be useful to have someone who can (if necessary) 'editorialize' a bit, as there are some new avenues which may be developed within the News Section....

The hours are long, so any suitable candidates must be aware of this at the outset! A job which, however, brings its own rewards

Anyone who feels that they may fit the bill can e-mail me at [email protected]

thanks, Jim
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2006 - 12:18 PM UTC
Hey Jim,

You probably got alot of applicants via email by now but just for everyone's info, once you become a News Writer, do you get some kind of support / contact to the supplier who can provide you with updated information or are you expected to source all the information on your own?

I'd like to help but my only reservation is being down here in NZ, news does take awhile to travel all the way here and if we are expected to source the information on our own....i might end up echoing news people already know.
 _GOTOTOP