Matilda 1 wip
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,049 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 06:00 PM UTC
Gents,

A few pics of two Tracks n Troops Resin 1:48th Matilda 1s being completed for use as wargaming models, so forgive a few of the modelling liberties!

I thought that the issues I had with the tracks during the build may be of use to someone. Being very fragile it was a lady to bend them to get the correct track sag - I broke more than a few. Finally I tried attaching a wire former to the tracks on the inside of the guide teeth. Once dry I found they could be bent into exacty the curves I wanted and have the benefit of making the tracks now strong enough to stand up to handling on the table.

Got final weathering, pigments to add to lower hull / tracks and markings to add ......

cheers
Brent

BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 07:16 PM UTC
Those are very nice Brent. I didn't know they made wargames in 1/48 scale. That must take up a good bit of room when playing.

Again, nice job on your matildas (matildae?)
KCBuilder
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 83 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 07:58 PM UTC
DGQ,

Great idea using a wire to control the sag. Will do that on an upcoming model.

Also, looks like you have a production line going with all the other models in the background.

Marty
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2006 - 10:40 AM UTC
I like the idea of the wire former. Out of curiosity, are the 88 Pak 42/43 (?) and 105 mm howitzer in the background also in 1/48? and if so, from what company?
 _GOTOTOP