Armor/AFV: Braille Scale
1/72 and 1/76 Scale Armor and AFVs.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Roden JS-3 Stalin Tank
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 04:12 AM UTC
I ordered some 1/72 scale accessories from Tracks & Troops in Belgium (www.tracks-n-troops.com). Good place to deal with, although I think I forgot one of the main items I was ordering from him. Any way, I picked up the Extra Tech PE for the kit and these parts are intensive. I never knew photoetched parts could be so small. I can foresee not using a few items since they will be way too small to effectively fold, even with the Hold-n-Fold.

I also picked up the Armo aluminum barrel for the kit. It looks like it was modeled after the kit barrel, less the muzzle brake (kit one must be used). The Roden JS-3 (see the news feature on the kit on our homepage) is an outstanding little kit. The tracks are a little wavy, but are some of the thinnest, most pliable vinyl tracks I've ever seen for a 1/72 scale kit.

I picked up the AM stuff for this kit and the Trumpeter trucks all because I needed an Armo barrel to replace my nasty Italeri T-62 kit barrel. I had Testors send me a new one, but it'll never be round. The Armo barrel for this kit is nice too.
 _GOTOTOP