Bigskips Basic Training Mutt
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2006 - 06:04 PM UTC
Hi There.

As promised i managed to make a start on my Academy M151A1 Mutt at the weekend, a few photo problems, all taken with my new Camera Phone.

As per usual i first took all of the sprues out and arranged them on my workspace and checked them out for missing parts.

Fortunatley this kit seems not to be too bad at ejector pin marks, all of the ones on the body are in hard to see areas underneath, but armed with scalpel for scraping, sanding sticks and 600 grade wet and dry held in angled tweezers the clean up progresed. All of the marks were of the raised type, hence no putty needed.

After cleaning up the under body, it was time to put glue to plastic and build the engine. This is made of a dozen or so parts, and was made as a complete sub assembly;

Then painted using tamiya acrylic metalic grey and revell aqua colour black and rust.

After the engine was finished a coat of tamiya Olive Drab was applied with a flat brush to the body of the Mutt, and after a suitable drying time the engine was installed, and the remains of the exhaust system fitted.

The tail pipe of the exhaust is not a good fit and needs a bit of sanding, but so far it's going well

to be continued....
Andy
 _GOTOTOP