Trumpeter AS90 paint help needed
Supertom
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 04:10 AM UTC
Hey everybody,

I was working on Trumpeter's new AS90 (nice kit by the way) when I realized that the color callout for the green part was Olive Drab. Now maybe it's just me, but I could have sworn it was Nato Green (that green that Tamiya sells). Can anyone help me? Thanks. #:-)
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 07:44 AM UTC
Supertom,
Ive seen some that are Olove Drab. I also seen some that are of the same color of the NATO Tri color Green, but it is called something else. I usually use the Tri Color Green or even a medium green. I am pretty sure some of the british guys can help us out here on this one or just anybody else that knows. #:-)
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 09:45 AM UTC
For the AS90 or any other current Brit. vehicle - Tamiya Nato green with matt white at about 5 green to 2 white - matt black over it for camo. on some vehicles. The paints used fade very quickly hence the addition of the white.
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 652 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2003 - 08:34 AM UTC
Dave is correct. Black / green camo for europe deployment. Desert pink if trying to emulate a Gulf war piece

armyarne
Visit this Community
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
KitMaker: 49 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:33 AM UTC
Hi, supertom,

i have seen a article in the german Modell Fan about building a Challenger 1 MK 3 in british dual tone camo. Use Humbrol 102, 155, 86 in ratio 1:1:1 for the green part and 32 and 33 in thr ratio 2:3 for the black parts. Remember that no standardised camo is aviable in the british army.

Bye
armyarne
 _GOTOTOP