Hosted by Darren Baker
Italian Farmhouse Update
Delta42
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 616 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2006 - 08:54 PM UTC
As I promised months ago, here are the latest photo's of this project. most of the weathering is finished, but i still have some small details and rubble to add. as always, your comments are welcome.

BTW, what's good to use to portray scale power lines?
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 02:24 AM UTC
This looks really good, a lot of special ideas in your house.
I really love your stairs, great touch and good execution . Let them run outside the viewfield and than come back, exactly what i am planning to do myself actually. The only little problem i see is that you have only 7 steps (oh yes, we see everything) to lead up, so thats at least 30 cm per step.

I also like your painting style. It looks Italian :-)
Do you have plans for furniture to put in there ?

Is this going to be a complete dio ?

Cheers
Claude
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 04:11 AM UTC
Gday Dave!
Really nice subtle colours used here, and they complement each other greatly If I was to have a nitpick, it would be on the rust(?) below each window shutter. It seems to be too vibrant, and uniform? Maybe blend them in a little more on the rear side...
The down pipes are a nice touch. Are you going to have a barrel or drum under the bottom outlet?
As for scale wire, you can use copper wire from an old electrical cord/cable... They have difffering sizes, so you can scout for the one that suits!
Great job
Cheers
Brad
Delta42
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 09:10 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments.

Claude
Not planning on any furnature to any extent. I may have one or two broken pieces, but not much as I just will fill most of the interior with rubble. the house is going to be the backdrop in my T-19 HMC dio. The main theme will be the crew loading ammo and taking a break, so I'm not going to get too extensive on house accessories.

Brad
The rust is not really that bright, it's a photo thing. It's more subtile than it looks. I'm not sure why it looks that bright in the pictures. As far as a barrel, if you look in the first picture, in the upper left; you can see the barrel drying on a "pik-stick" after I washed and weathered it. I also have a wagon/cart wheel, stone well w/bucket and some other things that will be placed around the ruin.

This is my first attempt at a building, so my progress is slow on purpose.

Someday I will finish the whole project and it will be my first dio. Sometimes my learning curve seems tremendous.

I would appreciate more comments from others, I learn alot from everybodies help

Thanks again for you interest Claude and Brad
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 09:28 PM UTC
Dave,
Is your plaster on top of the stones (as it should be) or at the same level, that would be wrong ? It's a bit difficult to see on the picture.

You may also add some remainings of glass on the windows, always a nice touch.

For a first building, it's very well done!

Cheers
Claude
Delta42
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 04:25 PM UTC
Claude

The stone and plaster are actually the same level. This is a Verlinden plaster kit. I have tried to scrape the stone work next to the plaster down just a little so as to give the appearance that the plaster is over the stone.

As far as more broken glass in the windows, that's planned, I just haven't done it yet. I also plan to add wiring to the exterior where it would come out of the building and then hang off of the connectors on the side of the building.
 _GOTOTOP