Hosted by Darren Baker
48th scale aluminium barrels?
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 725 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 11:49 AM UTC
Where is the best place to get 48th scale aluminum barrels?
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
Armorama: 703 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 03:33 PM UTC
Currently the best, most accurate, 1/48 barrels are those from Armorscale . However, I find their availability can be a problem. Their web site does not accept credit card ordering at the moment, so it means searching for another outlet. Your best option would be Winston at Wings n' Treads , I belive he carries them or can obtain them. Personaly, I've obtained my examples from Hobby Easy in Hong Kong, but as the have to arrange shippment direct from the maker, this can result in some delay.

Other makers include:

Lion Roar
Armo
Fine Mold
Eduard
Lion Marc
Quarter Kit/Gaso.line

Check the 1/48 reviews at PMMS where several have been compaired.
BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 12:00 AM UTC
If you mean oil-drums then you can get some in the Tamiya M-10 as well as the Jerry can set.

hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 725 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 11:17 AM UTC
Thanks for the tip Geoff. I really hate to order something and have to wait on it for a long time with the kit just begging to be put together! I think I'll give wings n treads a look.

Sorry Borntodig, I should have specified more. I'm looking for main gun barrels. I'd also like to find any accessories like PE and such.
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
Armorama: 703 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 01:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd also like to find any accessories like PE and such.

Here you have greater choice. Hauler probably have the most extensive range, not only of specific p/e sets but also resin details and minor conversion items. Eduard, PART, Armo, Voyager also do good p/e but have some catching up to do compaired to Hauler. Lion Roar have some small sets of p/e but have the added bonus of a turned barrel as well.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 01:40 PM UTC
One of the best sources for the Armorscale barrels is http://www.luckymodel.com/ not only do they keep them in stock, they also offer FREE postage on them AND the Hauler products.

It's also worth pointing out, that here on Armorama we have been known to do the 'occasional' review as well
This post was removed.
 _GOTOTOP