_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Use of the Feedback Forum
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 274 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 05:18 PM UTC
Just wanted to post something that's been on my mind. I see that alot of WIP's and final builds are posted in the Armor section. I understand that may seem like the proper categorization for those posts, but shouldn't they go under Feedback?

Maybe it's just been my past experiences on other forum-driven sites (modeling and non-modeling), but I'm surprised that those posts are allowed to proliferate the Armor forum rather than where they're technically "supposed" to go.

Not trying to be controversial, just trying to understand site policy. I know for me personally, I'd tend to post my WIP's and finals in the Feedback section because that's what the subforum description says it's for.

- Frank
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 05:57 PM UTC
I've noticed a lot of people do not really like feedback. They just want to post photos of their in progress or completed project and sit back and watch the, "Nice Job" comments pour in.

Even folks that write "comments welcome" don't receive true critiques that well.

Critiques come in a couple of veins. One is about the quality of the build (painting, construction, seam removal, etc.). These are more technical in nature.

The other is regarding the accuarcy of the model. Is it in the proper scheme, did they correct inaccurracies in the model itself, etc. These comments are of a "rivet counter" nature.

By definition, the Feedback forum invites contructive criticism, but you're "safe" in the regular forum.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 06:47 PM UTC
The question might well become academic within a couple of weeks, when the Armour forums are reorganised. Hopefully, where to post each subject will be a lot more clear.

Vinnie
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 274 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 08:31 PM UTC
Robin - great points. Thank you for your input.

Vinnie - I'll look forward to the changes.

Overall, my question is based in that I like the play by the site rules. Also, from another perspective, I have to wonder what effect that the cross-posting has on site newbies in conjunction with Jim's overall vision for the site.

Thanks!

- Frank
 _GOTOTOP