1/48 AFVclub Tiger latest v.
skuki
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 70 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 01:30 PM UTC
Hi ,
I am lookin some information of mentioned kit to see the level of detail and accuracy. Does it have zimmerit already moulded in plastic? Is there any review (or pictures of finished model) for this kit?
Thank,
Regards
skuki
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 01:36 PM UTC

Sorry, forgot to ask, Does it have molded tools on hull like tamiya or separate like skybow?
Thanks
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
Armorama: 703 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 02:01 PM UTC
Check this review of the Skybow Tiger, as they are the same kits, the AFV Club differs only by the inclusion of some p/e grills and different decals. Also check the Track48 site for an additional review and built up photos.
skuki
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 02:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Check this review of the Skybow Tiger, as they are the same kits, the AFV Club differs only by the inclusion of some p/e grills and different decals. Also check the Track48 site for an additional review and built up photos.

Thanks, you helped a lot.
Regards,
Marko
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 274 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 04:57 PM UTC
Marko,

Those reviews are spot-on. I have this kit on my workbench right now and it's fantastic. Build time is very short and the detail is excellent. I'm trying to decide on a paint scheme, but construction literally took 2 days for me.

I would recommend looking into some aftermarket tracks. The kit ones aren't bad, but I picked up a set of the AFV Club indie links and they look much better, and they're not too expensive either.

- Frank
skuki
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 08:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Marko,

Those reviews are spot-on. I have this kit on my workbench right now and it's fantastic. Build time is very short and the detail is excellent. I'm trying to decide on a paint scheme, but construction literally took 2 days for me.

I would recommend looking into some aftermarket tracks. The kit ones aren't bad, but I picked up a set of the AFV Club indie links and they look much better, and they're not too expensive either.

- Frank

Yes,
I think I'll be changing tracks and was considering linked tracks, know of skybow tracks and some resin link tracks.
Since you mentioned tracks, I have one more (or two) questions about tracks. Those resin ones, are they clickable or do I have to glue them and are there any metal tracks in this scale for Tiger I?
Thanks in advance
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
Armorama: 703 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 11:09 PM UTC
There are no link-to-link metal tracks available at the moment. I did see some from a Japanese company being shown on the HLJ site, but these were just metal copies of the Tamiya tracks. I think they are no longer on the site. The resin tracks come in two forms, depending on the maker. Lion Marc Designs have their earlier pinned tracks and also clickable. Most other resin types (I think there are two other makers) are the clickable sort. How well they hold together without glue, I can not say as I've not used any so far.
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 274 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 11:35 PM UTC
The AFV Club tracks that I picked up are styrene and clickable. I put together one length pretty quickly. They're on sprues of two links each. Just clip them off and clean up the attachment points a bit. Unlike the review on the Track48 site, there was a little bit of flash on a couple of them. Nothing major, but I thought I'd point it out.

They attach easily, but I did mess up a couple of them here and there. There's about 6-8 extra links in the package for this reason.

- Frank
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 06:25 AM UTC
I've used WWll Productions clickable resin tracks. They were the only ones available at that time. They are very realistic and hold together very well, but the pins are a little fragile, and care must be taken when assembling. Several extra track pieces are included, probably for that eventuality, and also for spare links mounted on the tank. The only drawback is that a set of tracks costs about the same as the model.
 _GOTOTOP