_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
Hornet: European Bald Heads
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 08:05 PM UTC
Here''s anothe superb set of replacement heads from Hornet!

Hornet: European Bald Heads

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
Armorama: 969 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 09:40 PM UTC
These look as good as all of the other superb range that they offer to us, I must admit that if the figure has either a flat fitting, or a socket I find them easy, but always seem to trash them when the recipient figure has one of the shaped neck sockets,like many Tamiya and have quite a set of heads in my spares box that have no necks or one that is too short.

John
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 09:43 PM UTC
I always use a large drill on the figure and hollow the neck out. Then just cut the block off the Hornet head and insert. This way gives you some play as well when positioning it, as well as making for a realistic tunic/neck boundary.

Vinnie
dsotm
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 291 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 06:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

These look as good as all of the other superb range that they offer to us, I must admit that if the figure has either a flat fitting, or a socket I find them easy, but always seem to trash them when the recipient figure has one of the shaped neck sockets,like many Tamiya and have quite a set of heads in my spares box that have no necks or one that is too short.

John

John

If you can get hold of a Micro-Detailer (battery operated, variable speed dremel) you can grind out and profile the smallest detail without damaging surrounding material - I would not be without mine

Heres a link:
http://www.ww2modelmaker.com/microtoolpg.htm
Brian
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 06:12 PM UTC
Geez, these are tremendous! They are the best from Hornet I've seen in a while... They are all quite useable for my purposes, and numbering 5 would be great for a tank crew... Good character head, that #2!
 _GOTOTOP