_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Feature to Forum Thread Linkage
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 12:26 PM UTC
Just thought this might be quite useful but feel free to disagree as always.

Would it be possible to implement a 'linkage' to a feature or review when a new thread is posted in the forums? At present, when creating a new thread, we have to select the category and topic language. I was wondering if it would be difficult to add another drop down menu to link to the feature. It doesnt have to be a mandatory field.

Why would this be beneficial?
When someone reads either a feature or review, it would be nice to see what other members have to say about the same kit. Currently i know there is a 'Reader Reviews' link at the bottom of each feature but its quite obvious that its hardly utilised. Havent really seen many reader reviews posted. Members prefer to post forum threads which have greater traffic.

I know there is also the 'Discuss This Review' button which redirects the reader to the original forum thread advertising the review, which is really useful but can it be more than just the one?

Today i was re-reading (3rd Time) Jim Lewis's review on Dragons M1A1 AIM and wished there were multiple links at the bottom of the review which display threads discussing either the kit or discussions around the kit.

jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
Armorama: 969 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 01:55 AM UTC
Jeremy,

You are really determined to win the prize as your keyboard has been smoking from all of the typing this week..........................LOL

John
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 01:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeremy,

You are really determined to win the prize as your keyboard has been smoking from all of the typing this week..........................LOL

John

LOL. I really should shut up now shouldnt i? :-)

My understanding is that ive already lost that competition to be honest as my threads didnt generate as much discussion as the one about explaining your hobby to others.

This suggestion though was kinda outside that contest. Genuinely wanted a link between the feature and the threads as im doing some research on the M1A1 AIM by DML before purchasing it.
 _GOTOTOP