_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M18 hellcat
Kitmaniak
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 04:09 AM UTC
hi ! I have just a question about this afv : were there M18 Hellcat in normandy in 1944 ?
thanks

Flavien
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 595 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 05:14 AM UTC
Hi Flavien, Yes they were ! .... the first to arrive & enter combat with M18's was the U.S.704th Tank Destroyer Battalion in July. They seen action in Normandy, Northern France, The Rhineland, Ardennes - Alsace and Central Europe.

If you have any more questions, I'd be glad to help.
- ralph
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 05:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Flavien, Yes they were ! .... the first to arrive & enter combat with M18's was the U.S.704th Tank Destroyer Battalion in July. They seen action in Normandy, Northern France, The Rhineland, Ardennes - Alsace and Central Europe.

If you have any more questions, I'd be glad to help.
- ralph

One question, Ralph, anything about WW II Armor you don't know?????!!!!!!!
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 595 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 12:49 PM UTC
[quote
One question, Ralph, anything about WW II Armor you don't know?????!!!!!!! [/quote]

Hi Dave,
Actually, there is a lot that I don't know, and a little bit that I do .
I think I once said before - That all anybody or any modeler want's to know about W.W.II ...Korea ...Viet Nam .....battles .....armor ...uniforms ... artillery ....etc. etc . "or for the matter, anything at all, is just to apply themslves to research and reading well written & good referenced book's by REPUTABLE AUTHORS ". ............. Knowledge is free and if you want it, you go get it, just like anything else in life ! ( well obviously we have to pay for books, but I think you get my point ). And then again we have public libraries .... FREE !
Most important though - is I learned a a great deal just by doing what you & Flavien are doing ...................... ASKING QUESTIONS And I know your quite knowledgable on all this stuff to Dave. Your to be commended for what you generously passed on to the others here at ArmoramA

- ralph
 _GOTOTOP