Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 03:29 AM UTC
How could I simulate glass for my french shop dio
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 03:42 AM UTC
Any hobby shop that sells sheet styrene will usually have sheet clear styrene as well.
But keep an eye out for any item that is bought for household use that has flat, clear, stiff plastic. It can also be used, using white glue to fix in place.
Clear overhead sheets are another option. You could even print out some details for a shop window on it, and then cut to size!
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 12:59 PM UTC
Gday Matt
Ditto everything Frank said... clear shoebox lids, plastic action figure bubbles (on the backing card),
Warriors figures come in a clear packet... Just cut out the flat sections needed. You will start to notice it every where you go
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,726 posts
Armorama: 892 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 05:43 PM UTC
To simulate broken and shattered glass on the ground try using the small pieces to thin glass that they use to make microscope slides. (it's the really thin piece that is placed over the material that you are viewing) At any rate, it's very thin, easily broken into small sharp pieces. Attach with white glue and don't run your finger over it when it's in place
Cheers,
C.
HES21
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 288 posts
Armorama: 248 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 08:19 PM UTC
I'll ditto C, there was some broken microscope slide glass in Biology which was heading for the bin so I "rescued" it, :-) and although I have not used it, it is really thin and the pieces are very realistic!

Harry
 _GOTOTOP