_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Have an M1A1 and an HMMV, but I need an idea
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 03:59 PM UTC
I have an M1A1 and an HMMV that I wanted to put into diorama form for an upcoming art show at my university. I was looking for a possible design or ideas of how they could be setup so they were interesting to the casual observer (I doubt most of the folks at my school are hardcore armor fans). I was thinking of something during Desert Storm, but was uncertain of a good layout or design as this will be my first diorama. Any help that you folks could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot and happy modelling,

Jeff
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 08:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I was looking for a possible design or ideas of how they could be setup so they were interesting to the casual observer (I doubt most of the folks at my school are hardcore armor fans).

Just a few thoughts here. Don't expect a "sketch" of a dio layout from me today......I'm afraid I experience some lack of creativity......

You must build either a scene that is "shocking" to the casual observer or that looks very familiar to them. Both of these attract their attention.

If the goal is to attrackt attention from people who are not armor fans, you won't get away with the "regular" dio subjects. Next to that a Desert Storm dio could work two ways, looking at he current events. It could be the "familiar" looking subject where we were talking about in the above, but it could also become the subject people want to have noting to do with..... it's therefore a risk you're gonna take....

Maybe you should look for the layout idea closer to home...... look at the news, look around you in every days life....

Perhaps embarking vehicels in a harbour or troops preparing for war on a U.S. base before departing.... add civilians and loved ones who say goodbye to the departing troops....

Just two cents. If I regain creativity, I'll get back to you !

Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 01:51 AM UTC
Eagle,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I think that I am going to do something that they will have seen in the news for a couple of reasons, but mainly, it is what people are familiar with.

Again, thank you for your time and happy modelling!!!

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP