_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Help Wanted: Content Editors
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 08:15 PM UTC
Please see my news story post for the details.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/news/174

Cheers,
Jim
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 08:20 PM UTC
Signing up for duty sir!

2-4 hours a week is not that bad. The company I slave in specializes in web-based applications so Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Javascript is not a problem.
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 08:42 PM UTC
Hi,

Jim, if you need you can count on me for that or for the Portuguese forum.

GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 09:33 PM UTC
Jim,
You know I'd gladly help you, but I have no working knowledge of HTML or photoshop.
I do have profound knowledge on managing websites, though. I'm happy to provide written content if that can be of help. I only can't layout it for you. Just let me know what you need.
Jan
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 10:29 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

If I can, I would be glad to help you, I have Photo-Paint 8 (not a expert in it), PhotoSuite II SE and iPhotoPlus 4 on my system.

I will not claim to be a expert in HTML but I did some stuff (2 examples)

http://www.angelfire.com/nb/agc-noben/index.html

http://users.pandora.be/ronny.noben/website/intro.htm

For Armorama (this means you Jim) I alway's can spend some time.

Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 11:30 PM UTC
Jim,

I apply for the job in the Figures OR Diorama section. I prefer to free time for one of these and do it perfect in stead of accepting two posts and only deliver half the quality.

I own some of the most recent photo-editing tools like Photoshop , Photo-Paint and Corel Suite 11. Next to that I consider HTML to be no problem at all, and the first contact-attempts with manufacturers of figures have already been made so.....

what do you think about it ?

Danny
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 03:34 AM UTC
I volunteer too Jim - where ever you think my skills and ability would best fit. I have the time since I haven't been spending much time on the Forums

Gunnie
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 09:43 AM UTC
I also have photo shop 7.0 and adobe 5.5 plus front page express. So if I can back anybody up let me know. Just give me the Hollar
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 12:00 PM UTC
Jim,

I'm more than willing to help out with the armor or figures section, or where ever else I can help out. I have knowledge in Photoshop 7, QuarkXPress 5.0, and just need to refresh my memory on Frontpage. BTW - I am currently in school for Communications with digital media. If I can give you a hand, please let me know, and I'd be more than willing to give you a hand.

Jeff
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 12:42 PM UTC
Hey Jim,
I would like to help but unfortunately my meader (non-existent) programing skills say otherwise.
Is there a more rudementary task which I can preform?

Thanks,
Andrew

ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 01:22 PM UTC
Jim, you count with me for one of the tasks...you chose!
I´ll wait for your e-mail..
kingcrt
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 118 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 02:20 PM UTC
Jim,

I would be happy to volunteer a couple hours a week to help this great website. I have experience with Photoshop and Frontpage as well as using text editors to build websites using HTML tags. Just let me know what I can do for you
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 06:44 PM UTC
Thanks to you all for volunteering your valuable time to the site. It does me a great honor to know you all want to help out where you can.

I would like to use this moment to beg forgiveness for my slow response (or even worse my lack thereof) lately with email, PMs, and posts on the site. I have been somewhat over-whelmed at work lately and found I just don't have the extra energy lately to answer all the mail and other messages I get. Rest assured though that your donations, suggestions, and offers of help are all read and pondered upon. And I hope to catch up with all my Armorama duties soon with the help of these new Editors and the other users who already help out.

I am greatly impressed that so many brand new users have offered to help be an Editor. It reminds me of the "old" days of a whole year ago.

I will be letting this help wanted ad run for a bit to allow all users a chance to apply. Then I will obviously have some hard choices ahead of me. I feel like Joe Millionaire*. hehe

Cheers,
Jim

* For our user outside the U.S this is a reality TV show where 20 women compete for the love of a guy they think is a millionaire. He keeps saying how hard his choice will be in the show. PICK ZORA!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:15 AM UTC
Jim
Consider me for a piece of jewelry. Only I know there's no million dollars at the end of this story.
Let me know if you can use my services for Armorama. I have a copy of Photoshop and big pot of coffee for the long nights.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:31 AM UTC
Jim,
I would like to sign up for the role of a diorama content editor. I have got Photoshop 7.0 and Paint Shop Pro 7.0 on my home PC. I have created a few different sites in the past and I currently have my own modeling site (visit my selected link). I prefer to use a basic HTML editor as I like to have full control over my code. Let me know if you would like my help.
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2003 - 12:19 PM UTC
Jim, I volunteer to help, too. I have Paint Shop Pro and Frontpage... Let me know how I can help, mostly in figures and armor.

For some reason my first post never showed up. I must have written it and then never hit submt...
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 04:59 AM UTC
Ok im only like 3 years late for this but are you guys still looking for Editors?
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,412 posts
Armorama: 1,174 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 06:06 AM UTC
Jim
Was wondering if you needed someone for the french armorama? Ive got an article i translated but havn't have any news from Penpen so im kinda stuck with a translated article for hte past 2 months.

Anyhow, if you need an editor at large for the french armorama id be glad to help out and maybe eventualy if possible help out in the english site.Ive got more then enougth time
Francois
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 11:44 AM UTC
Lol...okay you got me. :-)

I would be happy to get all the help we can get. Just let me speak to Anthony and see what the latest news is. I note he hasn't been on the site for 2 months so that's never a good sign. Doh!

Technically Anthony never volunteered for doing more than translations. I kinda drafted him. hehe

And if anyone else would like to help please let me know. If you have the time, we have the work.

Cheers,
Jim
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 11:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And if anyone else would like to help please let me know. If you have the time, we have the work.

Hey Jim,

Im keen to help out around here. Just let me know how i can help out and i would be happy to.
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 01:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hey Jim,

Im keen to help out around here. Just let me know how i can help out and i would be happy to.

Same here...

Jean-Luc
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 12:56 AM UTC
Hey Jim,

What help is needed around here anyway? Would love to help but would also like to know whats needed.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 07:30 AM UTC
Jeremy,
That's sort of the thing. We don't have specific opening in any area. If you are interested in helping out with a specific area (armor, dios, figures, etc) than you should contact the managing editors in those areas.

Some of the other areas I am always looking for more help in are:

Gallery - organizing cateogories, scouting for new contributors, formatting and uploading photos, etc.

News - We are still looking for news desk writers for areas like figures, aircraft, and warships.

jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 07:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeremy,
That's sort of the thing. We don't have specific opening in any area. If you are interested in helping out with a specific area (armor, dios, figures, etc) than you should contact the managing editors in those areas.

Some of the other areas I am always looking for more help in are:

Gallery - organizing cateogories, scouting for new contributors, formatting and uploading photos, etc.

News - We are still looking for news desk writers for areas like figures, aircraft, and warships.

Hi Jim,

I would be happy to help out with the Gallery side of things so let me how i can help in that area.

For the benefit of others who may have this question, in terms of helping out in the News side of things, do you or anyone else in the Staff team provide help in contacting the manufacturers directly to get the most up to date news on releases etc or is that left to the Editors own devices?
 _GOTOTOP